Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, May 07 2024 @ 02:22 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Calendar Help

Eddy

Anonymous
cheerful
Hi party people
:banana:

I've asked before whether it's possible for a calendar submission to be 'owned' by the poster and at this stage, it appears as though it's not. What I wonder, therefore, is whether anyone knows of a way to 'populate' on of the fields in the calendar (like 'address3' for example, which I will re-name to avoid having to add a new field) with the name of the poster (i.e. the name of the logged-in user).....

Any ideas on how possible this might be?!

Eddy

Anonymous
Just for a bit more info (sorry for making this a new post), here is what I currently have for 'address1' which was previously an address line but, for ease, I changed it to be the poster's username.

Text Formatted Code
<div class="form-description">Posted By:</div>
                                <div class="form-field"><input type="text" name="address2" size="40" value="{username}"></div>
                                <div class="clear-left"></div>

As you can see, I've added <b>value="{username}"</b> to this field which is, I believe, how the username is pulled in to the mail-user form, but it's not working here.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Eddy

Anonymous
Just a little bump, plus an additional request :

Anyone know how to sort the event list alphabetically/numerically?

For example, you've got :

| sunday | monday | tuesday | wednesday |
| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
| Event 2 |
| Event 1 |
| Event 3 |

So I'd like to list the events there in order....

Any ideas with this one, either?!

Thanks a trillion.

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Currently a submission can only be owned by Admin. You would have too make some database changes to the event submission table as well as some code changes to make it work how you would like. However I'm not sure on this but, if you turn off submissions the owner should be the person who created the event.

What page are you talking about with the event list, I remember seeing this but not where.
One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

Eddy

Anonymous
Quote by: Laugh

Currently a submission can only be owned by Admin. You would have too make some database changes to the event submission table as well as some code changes to make it work how you would like. However I'm not sure on this but, if you turn off submissions the owner should be the person who created the event.

What page are you talking about with the event list, I remember seeing this but not where.

Hi there

Thanks for that. I understand that a submission to the calendar can only be 'owned' by Admin regardless of whether those submissions are queued for moderation or not.

That's why, what I want to do, is populate the 'address1' field which I have now renamed all tags to as 'Username' with the username of the person currently logged in to the site.

At the moment, I ask people to fill their username in to the form but they sometimes forget so I want this field to be automatically filled in for them. I don't imagine it to be all that tricky, as there are lots of auto-populated things throughout Geeklog - like the mailusers form.

Cheers muchly!

Eddy

Anonymous
Anyone any ideas? Cheers.

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:22 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content