Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 08:53 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Moved site to another server, but forum is not working properly

MotoMitch

Forum User
I am not a hard-core geek, but I'm smarter than the average bear. So BEAR with me.

I had my geeklog site moved from Ipowerweb to another server (siteground.com) They offer services such as moving websites with databases, etc, and I was happy to pay a reasonable fee for a strees-free and seamless transition. Overall, siteground has been great and did the geeklog and database transfer for me. Everything is perfect except that the forum is not working properly. They assured me that when the domain was transferred (done) it would work flawlessly. Not exactly. Here is the message I got...
-------------------------------------------------------------
2007-02-04 04:46pm by marvin - Hello Jack,

Thank you for the update.

As Nigel previously said I beleive the forum will work flawlessly once the web site is configured to function with a domain name rather than the server URL. This is most probably due to the fact that the rewrite rules working for the forum are not setup to use '~c4windsb'.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, is there rewrite rules "working for the forum?" Should I just reinstall, edit a file, take a pill, get a life? Here is the URL so you can judge what is happening. Simply "click" on a topic and basically nothing will happen.

http://www.4windsbmw.org/cms/forum/index.php

I will ship a 6-pack of the beer of your choice to you via FedEx if your answer leads to a solution to this tiny little problem.

Jack, aka MotoMitch

mevans

Forum User
My guess is that your new hosting provider has register_globals set to Off and/or register_long_arrays set to Off in php.ini.

Ask your provider if they can set both of those to On. I believe that will get your forum up and running again.

Option B - Upgrade to Forum v2.6RC3 (very soon to be RC4), it works perfectly with both register_globals off and register_long_arrays off.

Hope that helps, I like MGD Lite LOL

Thanks!
Mark

1000ideen

Forum User
Mitch I love your shooting cat! Is that free, where did you get that from?

MotoMitch

Forum User
Quote by: 1000ideen

Mitch I love your shooting cat! Is that free, where did you get that from?

Made it myself. Taske my avatar...please!

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:53 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content