Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 08 2024 @ 01:56 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

FCKEditor and Shadee2 - toolbar dies

patc

Anonymous
confused
I relaunched my personal site www.patclements.com with Geeklog over the weekend (1.4.1), and I'm very pleased with the results. Please let me preface this - I'm not a programmer, just a guy from the DOS 3.3 days. I'm not experienced with PHP or CSS, but I learned Pascal and a little Fortran in college, and can edit the heck out of a text file!

I loaded Shadee2, changed some of the banner graphics to customize, but the FCKeditor is not displaying in this theme. It works perfectly with Professional. When I select the Advanced Editor option, the text window changes to about 2/3 width (which is abnormal), but no toolbar appears.

I've copied/overwritten the advanced editor thtml files (admin/story) from Professional, but that didn't fix it. I think it's in a CSS, but I'm not exactly sure where to look because I'm ignorant.

Thanks in advance for help.

patZZZ@ZZZpatclements.com

patc

Anonymous
PS - email me and I'll send you a test account to try in my test topic.

samstone

Forum User
The layout files have changed a great deal between 3.10, which was Shadee2 was made for and 1.4.1. I'd rather create a Shadee2 out of the 1.4.1 Professional theme, than the other way around because you would still encouter other problems somewhere down the line. But you can try these steps if you like to:

1) Make sure all information between <head> and </head> is transfered from the Professional theme to Shadee2. The Java Script that triggers the FCKeditor is in there.

2) Make sure you copy the new functions.php from the Professional to Shadee2.

3) Replace all subdirectories and files with Professional's subdirectories and files. This is to prevent other problems and nomally they don't effect the layout of the none Professional themes. Most of the differences between themes are in the theme's root directory.

Hope this helps!

Sam

patc

Anonymous
Tried #1 and #2, assuming header.thtml. I'll have to wait until tonight to try #3, since it's a pain to do anything through proxies at work.

Ugh.

patc

Anonymous
OK, finally fixed it. There was one line difference in the "advanced_editor_header.thtml" file. The 4th line missing was
var geeklogEditorBaseUrl = '{site_url};

Copying this file from Professional fixed it.

I definitely don't take credit for being smart about it - just kept comparing files that had anything about advanced editor in the name. Duh.

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:56 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content