Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, April 29 2024 @ 01:14 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Problem mirroring installation on local server

DeeEmm

Forum User
I guess in a way this is an installation problem so I hope I've posted to the correct forum.

Here's my problem.

I help manage a number of websites, one has geeklog installed, it's an old version (1.3.8-1sr4). I want to upgrade the installation to the latest version but would like to test the upgrade on a copy of the site running on my local webserver to make sure that there are no issues.

I've copied the files to my webserver, added the database, set up config.php and lib-common.php and got the site 'mostly' working.

However, I seem to have two issues.

1. A lot of data being echoed to the browser before the page. Here is the data.

Text Formatted Code
'Someone has tried to illegally access the %s install/uninstall page. ' . 'User id: %d, Username: %s, IP: %s.', 2 => 'Access Denied', 3 => 'You do not have permission to use this function. You\'re attemp to ' . 'access this page has been logged.', 4 => 'Error while creating table %s', 5 => 'Inserting group "%s"', 6 => 'Error while inserting group "%s"', 7 => 'Users in this group can administer the %s plugin', 8 => 'Inserting feature "%s"', 9 => 'Error while inserting feature "%s"', 10 => '%s administrative feature', 11 => 'Adding %s feature to %s group', 12 => 'Error while granting %s access to %s group', 13 => 'Adding user %s to membership of %s group', 14 => 'Error while adding user %s to membership of %s group', 15 => 'Registering %s plugin with Geeklog', 16 => 'Error while registering %s plugin with Geeklog', 17 => 'Installion of %s plugin was successful', 18 => 'Install Successful', 19 => 'Install Failed', 20 => 'The plugin is already installed', 21 => 'Uninstall Completed', 22 => 'Plugin not currently installed', 23 => 'Lists Administration: Install/Uninstall', 24 => 'Mailing Lists (lists) Admin', 25 => 'Installed', 26 => 'Enabled', 27 => 'Yes', 28 => 'No', 29 => 'Install', 30 => 'Uninstall', /* coming from admin/index.php */ 50 => 'User %s (%d) from ip %s attempted to access the lists %s page', 51 => 'Anonymous users cannot access this portion of the site, you\'re ' . 'attempt to do so has been logged.', 52 => 'The selected (%s) mailing list submission has been automatically ' . 'approved so that it can be edited. To remove this list (or to cancel ' . 'it\'s submission) you must now delete it.', /* coming from public_html/index.php */ 70 => 'Login Required', 71 => 'To access this area as the specified uid (%d), you must be logged in ' . 'as that user.', 72 => 'Login', 73 => 'To access this area you must be logged in.', 74 => 'New User', 75 => 'Email Address Required', 76 => 'You have specified an invalid email address. Please enter a valid ' . 'email address.', 77 => 'In order to use the mailing list functions of this site you must ' . 'supply an email address or login.', 78 => 'email', 79 => 'submit', /* coming from functions.inc */ 100 => 'Mailing Lists', 101 => 'Mailing List Results', 102 => 'Mailing List', 103 => 'Msg Archive ID', 104 => 'Error', 105 => 'Mailing List Submissions', 106 => 'The mailing list submission queue has been disabled', 107 => 'Mailing List Name', /* functions.inc (uninstall) */ 120 => 'Unregistering the %s plugin from Geeklog', 121 => 'Removing the table "%s"', 122 => 'Removing the "%s" group and it\'s associations', 123 => 'Removing the "%s" feature', 124 => 'The plugin %s is uninstalled from Geeklog. Uninstall Success.', /* functions.inc (list functions) */ 130 => 'Mailing Lists System Message', 131 => '"%s" is not a valid mailing list id', 132 => 'You are already subscribed to the "%s" mailing list', 133 => 'You do not have permission to subscribe to the "%s" mailing list', 134 => 'Error while trying to add subscription to %s', 135 => 'You have successfully subscribed to the %s mailing list', 136 => 'You are not currently subscribed to the "%s" mailing list', 137 => 'Error while trying to remove subscription to the "%s" maling list', 138 => 'You have successfully unsubscribed from the %s mailing list', 139 => 'New Mailing List', 140 => 'There are currently no mailing lists available for you to ' . 'subscribe to.', 141 => 'New List Message', 142 => 'Current Status', 143 => 'Change Status', 144 => 'Subscribe', 145 => 'Subscribed', 146 => 'Unsubscribe', 147 => 'Unsubscribed', 148 => 'You do not have permission to view this archive', 149 => 'No archived messages were found for this mailing list', 150 => 'Archive for %s', 151 => 'Mail ID (click to view)', 152 => 'Date Sent', 153 => 'Sent By', 154 => 'Subject', 155 => 'Archived message not found. Incorrect mail or list id.', 156 => '%s list, message %s', 157 => 'Display Archived Message', 158 => 'Previous Message', 159 => 'Next Message', 160 => '%s Archive', 161 => 'Re:', 162 => 'Reply-to Message', 163 => 'to', 164 => 'from', 165 => 'date', 166 => 'subject', 167 => 'message', 168 => 'Make sure the email address you are using to access this site ' . 'matches the address you placed in the "from" field.', 169 => 'You do not have permission to post messages to this list.', 170 => 'You must be subscribed to this list in order to post messages.', 171 => 'Database Error. Please contact the site adminisrator.', 172 => 'No one is currently subscribed to the specified mailing list(s)', 173 => '

--__--__
To unsubscribe from this mailing list ' . 'follow this link [ %s ]', 174 => "\n\n\n--__--__\nTo unsubscribe from this mailing list follow " . 'this link: %s', 175 => 'Message successfully sent with %d error(s)', 176 => 'From field contained invalid email address.', 177 => 'All fields must be filled out.', 178 => 'Message Preview', 179 => 'reply-to', 180 => 'email options:', 181 => 'HTML:', 182 => 'send', 183 => 'preview', 184 => 'cancel', 185 => 'Send Message to Mailing List', 186 => 'Error: unable to create new mailing list', 187 => 'New mailing list created', 188 => 'You do not have administrative access to this mailing list or the ' . 'specified mailing list does not exist.', 189 => 'Owner', 190 => 'Group', 191 => 'None', 192 => 'Read', 193 => 'Post', 194 => 'Post+', 195 => 'Update', 196 => 'Add', 197 => 'Archive', 198 => 'List Options', 199 => 'Permissions (E = edit, R = read; edit rights imply read rights)', 200 => 'Mailing List Editor', 201 => 'Return to Lists Admin Page', 202 => 'General Information', 203 => 'Subscription Permissions', 204 => 'select group', 205 => 'Access Rights', 206 => 'Subscribers', 207 => 'Subscriber', 208 => 'Remove', 209 => 'Block', 210 => 'No one is currently subscribed to this mailing list', 211 => 'Email Address', 212 => 'select user', 213 => 'Username:', 214 => 'Filename:', 215 => 'delete', 216 => 'Admin Menu', 217 => 'Description', 218 => 'You do not have the correct permissions to edit this mailing list. ' . 'You\'re attempt to do so has been logged.', 219 => 'You must specify a mail list id (ml_id) for this function.', 220 => 'Mailing list information updated.', 221 => 'You must specify a group for this function.', 222 => 'Bad permission type specified.', 223 => 'Group permissions added', 224 => 'Group permissions updated', 225 => 'Group permissions deleted', 226 => 'You cannot add a group with no (\'none\') permissions', 227 => 'No access rights specified', 228 => 'Access rights successfully updated', 229 => 'No email address or user id specified', 230 => 'Unsubscription successfull', 231 => 'Subscribed %s to this mailing list', 232 => 'You have supplied an invalid user id', 233 => 'Upload files containing email addresses must be plain text', 234 => 'Successfully subscribed %d email address(es) from %s with %d ' . 'failures.', 235 => 'No user id or email address specified', 236 => 'Unknown error in lists_admin_edit_addsub', 237 => 'List successfully deleted' ); ?>

To me it looks to be the content of an array, but searching though the source files I've not been able to locate where it's coming from. Any ideas?

2. The second problem I have is related to paths. The page displays fine but some of the navigation links point to the wrong place.

Here's some info.

My server root is C:/server/www/ (Running on Apache/2.0.59 (Win32) / PHP 5.2.0 / SQL 5.0.27-community-nt)

Geeklog has been installed into one directory (the actual site I am copying is installed the same)

My geeklog public_html installation is in C:/server/www/sitename/
My geeklog directory is C:/server/www/sitename/geeklog

Here's the important parts of config.php

$_CONF['path'] = 'C:/Server/www/sitename/geeklog/';
$_CONF['path_html'] = 'C:/Server/www/sitename/';
$_CONF['site_url'] = "http://localhost/sitename";

The links should be like http://localhost/mysite/......... but they show up as http://localhost/.......

The links are correct for stories but incorrect for the forum / gallery / static pages

Now here's the twist!!

If I navigate directly to the forum by typing in the url into the browser (http://localhost/mysite/forum) the forum works fine - the links within the forum are all correct.

Is there something I haven't set? Am I missing something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

DM.
http://www.deeemm.com - Home of DM CMS

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The text you quoted is from the language file (language/english.php). Make sure it's not defective.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:14 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content