Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 02:20 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Geeklog's CPU Usage

Nathan Burke

Anonymous
curious
This is just a curiosity question really.
A few months ago, I moved to a new web host. Over the last two months, the host has contacted me because they're telling me I'm using 20% more than my CPU allotment. Aside from apache and mysql, there's really nothing I'm using that would hog the CPU. So I'm wondering how CPU intensive Geeklog is.

Apart from a few static html pages, the site is using Geeklog. So I'm just wondering if there's something Geeklog is doing that is making a CPU spike.

I'd really appreciate it if I could get some suggestions on this issue. I'm definitely staying with Geeklog, so if I have to move to another host, I'll do it. But if there's something I can do under the hood to optimize what I've already got, that would be preferred.

Thanks very much.

Chrispcritters

Forum User
Chatty
I've noticed that some of the plugins eat CPU cycles more than others. Which plugins are you running?

Benta

Forum User
Regular Poster
Quote by: Nathan Burke

This is just a curiosity question really.
A few months ago, I moved to a new web host. Over the last two months, the host has contacted me because they're telling me I'm using 20% more than my CPU allotment. Aside from apache and mysql, there's really nothing I'm using that would hog the CPU. So I'm wondering how CPU intensive Geeklog is.

Apart from a few static html pages, the site is using Geeklog. So I'm just wondering if there's something Geeklog is doing that is making a CPU spike.

I'd really appreciate it if I could get some suggestions on this issue. I'm definitely staying with Geeklog, so if I have to move to another host, I'll do it. But if there's something I can do under the hood to optimize what I've already got, that would be preferred.

Thanks very much.

I think the template engine - which also happens to be the only part of GL that I don't really like - is pretty CPU consuming.

Nathan Burke

Anonymous
curious
bad behavior
links
spamx
staticpages
technorati

beewee

Forum User
Which template are you using?
Dutch Geeklog sites about camping/hiking:
www.kampeerzaken.nl | www.campersite.nl | www.caravans.nl | www.caravans.net

Nathan Burke

Anonymous
I'm using the professional template. You're talking about the layout, right?

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:20 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content