Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 27 2024 @ 01:22 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Forum Centerblock - Posted By Link

milfodd

Forum User
When I was using the PhpBB bridge with Geeklog the center block had an additional column called 'By' which showed who had posted that thread and linked to their profile..
Having shifted to Forum 2.6 on upgrading to Geeklog 1.4.1 it has now disappeared.
Anyone know how to revive this useful feature?

Blaine

Forum User
You can see who the author of the original topic post and more information when you hover over the topic column for that row item. You also see the last post information when you hover over that column - clicking on that field will take you to the last post for that topic.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

Gromme

Anonymous
:blahblah: Quote "You can see who the author of the original topic post and more information when you hover over the topic column for that row item. You also see the last post information when you hover over that column - clicking on that field will take you to the last post for that topic."

But can you answer the question, please? I prefer it the other way, much like Milfodd. So how does one re-enable that feature?

Eddy

Anonymous
Quote by: Gromme

:blahblah: Quote "You can see who the author of the original topic post and more information when you hover over the topic column for that row item. You also see the last post information when you hover over that column - clicking on that field will take you to the last post for that topic."

But can you answer the question, please? I prefer it the other way, much like Milfodd. So how does one re-enable that feature?

I am absolutely stunned at this response. The work, time and effort that Blaine has put in to making Geeklog a reality warrants far, far more respect than you've just shown him. I envisage a fairly swift end to this thread and certainly no answer to your question.... Why, afterall, would Blaine or Dirk want to take the tme to respond to you after this absolute drivvel!?

milfodd

Forum User
Steady on Eddy!
Gromme may not subscribe to your brand of etiquette but it's hardly the most savage posting I've ever come across.
I have come to terms with the situation by running both the forum centerblock and the forum side block (which does give the posters name).
Some redundancy yes - but all the info is there for my site members and that's what I was after.

Please no more doom and gloom predictions concerning the death of threads you are not positively contributing too.

:banana:

Eddy

Anonymous
Quote by: milfodd

Steady on Eddy!
Gromme may not subscribe to your brand of etiquette but it's hardly the most savage posting I've ever come across.
I have come to terms with the situation by running both the forum centerblock and the forum side block (which does give the posters name).
Some redundancy yes - but all the info is there for my site members and that's what I was after.

Please no more doom and gloom predictions concerning the death of threads you are not positively contributing too.

:banana:

:shakehands: :banana: Big Grin Smile :wink: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Does this count as a positive contribution!? :wink:

Perhaps you're right, mate. I apologise.

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:22 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content