Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 03:44 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Posting comment problem, registration problem

Xistential

Anonymous
tired
Two problems, should be quick for someone with more exp in the 1.4.1 theme stuff.

I installed whatever GL was most current as of 3:45pm Central on 12/31/2006. No problems. I put in a Classic theme I'd modified because I knew I already liked it. I went through the errors and took files out of Professional that were missing and added them where they needed to be. I replaced the Classic templates for comments and users so my comment stuff, user reg and all that should be with professional additions. I have NO non-default plugins installed. Couldn't get Captcha to work but that's for another day.

Everything is working fine except I read more on a story and go to the bottom. When I click Post a Comment it just refreshes the page and no comment entry form ever appears. I logged out to see if that was it, same problem. So I tried adding a new basic user account and put in a username and an email address I don't use for Admin and it tells me I must enter the email twice. However there's only one email field. I can't register so no one else will either.

Keeping in mind I replaced the user reg template with the one from professional with WSYIWIG (the full tarball with the most recent pro templates won't open on my PC with any zip/unstuff utility so those files are stuck at work and I'm at home). I'm guessing pro with WYSIWYG's templates might be older and be missing fields? I can't find a download for the most current templates though without downloading the full Geeklog, which as I said, will not unpack. Is there a place for me to either get the newer files since I won't be back at the office for a week or could someone post what needs to be in the right files? And, what's up with the comments thing?

These are my only two problems and any help would be appreciated.

mevans

Forum User
Xistential,

You can grab a zip archive of 1.4.1 here.

I'm pretty sure you are correct, there are a few template issues that need to be addressed in the classic theme. You might want to check out http://www.spacequad.com/, he has already updated several themes to work with Geeklog 1.4.1 and I'm pretty sure the Classic theme is one he has available for download.

Good luck!
Mark

Xistential

Anonymous
Thanks, that solved my comments problem. I replaced every template file except the header, footer and block header templates. I am still getting a new user signup form with only an input for a username and email, and the error that I need to retype the email in a nonexistent textbox. I have current pro versions of the users layout folder, so am I missing something else? Which file concerns how the user reg form is shown?

Thanks!

mevans

Forum User
There are only two templates using the new email_conf tags
  • preferences/profile.thtml - User Profiles
  • users/registrationform.thtml - New user registration

But, if you are using a custom registration, you will also need to add the email_conf tag to the custom/memberdetail.thtml template as well.

Hope this helps..

Mark

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:44 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content