Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 01:38 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

An SQL error has occured (when sending stories)

Samelborp

Forum User
This is weird, this errror comes up just for regular users trying to post stories to the site, admins and superusers don't get the error.

Checking the error.log, I see lots of this:

You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'Wink' at line 1. SQL in question: DELETE FROM gl_speedlimit WHERE (type = 'submit'Wink AND (date < unix_timestamp() - )

And also this (but much less frequent):

Duplicate entry '1465607852' for key 1. SQL in question: INSERT INTO gl_sessions (sess_id, start_time, remote_ip, uid) VALUES (1465607852,1167397443,'66.249.66.1',1)

The site seems to work ok if you don't count this.

Any idea?

PS: a week ago, while trying to install and updated Geeklog, parallel to the live site, I had to restore config-php (I overwrote it with config.php from the newest version of Geeklog. My current installation is 1.3.8-1.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The first error is most likely due to a missing config.php entry - something related to the speed limits.

As a short term solution, start over with a fresh copy of the config.php from the Geeklog version you're running. That should ensure that you're not missing any settings that may have been removed in later versions.

I'd like to point out the Geeklog 1.3.8 is not supported any more and has several known, unpatched, and severe security issues. You should really consider upgrading to a more recent version ASAP.

The other error is something that happens on occasion with the pseudo-session ids for anonymous users. The solution here is to upgrade to a more recent version of Geeklog (from the changelog, this has been fixed in 1.3.9sr1).

bye, Dirk

Samelborp

Forum User
Thank you very much, Dirk, yes, I am trying to upgrade the site ASAP.

As a short term solution, start over with a fresh copy of the config.php from the Geeklog version you're running. That should ensure that you're not missing any settings that may have been removed in later versions.

Yes, it worked, thanks!

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:38 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content