Welcome to Geeklog Sunday, December 17 2017 @ 06:56 am EST


Status: offline

ofey

Forum User
Full Member
Registered: 18/03/2005
Posts: 213
Location:Dublin, Ireland
confused
I am running two sites from one GL code which can be read about here. I upgraded the two sites. The first is working fine but not the second one. When I login correctly the page just refreshes itself perfectly and I am back where I was before I tried to login. When I login incorrectly I get the 'Try logging in again' message box. This means the site can tell the difference between a correct username and password and incorrect ones. But I can't get into my site at all. The site is locked down normally using GL (by restricting permissions for blocks, stories etc. to logged in users) not using the lockdown plugin. (Although I had tried that and hope there are no residual issues left from it.) I know the site is connected to the database correctly as there are some items in the main menu which when clicked display information found only in the database. So, why then, are my login name and password not recognised? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Shane
Those who say it can't be done, are usually interrupted by others doing it.

Status: offline

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Registered: 12/01/2002
Posts: 13073
Location:Stuttgart, Germany
Start here: I can't log in.

bye, Dirk

Status: offline

ofey

Forum User
Full Member
Registered: 18/03/2005
Posts: 213
Location:Dublin, Ireland
Dirk thank you for your reply.

Oddly when I came to my site today I was getting a different problem than yesterday, this time a blank page. So I added,

PHP Formatted Code
ini_set ('display_errors', '1');


to lib-common. This corrected the blank page problem.

Then I was left with two errors. The first was a header error caused by three blank lines at the bottom of the config.php. This problem has been fixed.

The second and present error reads,

PHP Formatted Code
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: com_isfrontpage() in /hsphere/local/home/shanegib/tenpennybags.com/lib-common.php on line 3083


That line in lib-common is the start of that function com_isfrontpage().

I am not sure what to try now.

Shane


Those who say it can't be done, are usually interrupted by others doing it.

Status: offline

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Registered: 12/01/2002
Posts: 13073
Location:Stuttgart, Germany
Which Geeklog version are we talking about?

In 1.4.0sr5-1, the function COM_isFrontpage itself starts in line 5448. Line 3099 (in function COM_showBlocks) has a call to COM_isFunction - that's the closest I can find to the line number you quoted.

bye, Dirk

Status: offline

ofey

Forum User
Full Member
Registered: 18/03/2005
Posts: 213
Location:Dublin, Ireland
I am upgrading to 1.4.0sr5-1

I have got something seriously wrong as my lib-common file is only 4401 lines in total. (I am numbering the lines using Programmers Notepad2).

My lib-common files starts,

PHP Formatted Code
// +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
// | Geeklog 1.4                                                               |
// +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
// | lib-common.php                                                            |
// |                                                                           |
// | Geeklog common library.                                                   |


Does this mean I have the wrong lib-common file? Should it say

PHP Formatted Code
// +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
// | Geeklog 1.4.0sr5-1                                                        |
// +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+


line 3083 starts,

PHP Formatted Code
        if( COM_isFrontpage() )
        {
            $sql .= " AND (tid = 'all' AND type <> 'layout')";
        }
        else
        {
            $sql .= " AND (tid = 'homeonly' OR (tid = 'all' AND type <> 'layout'))";
        }
    }

    if( !empty( $_USER['boxes'] ))
    {
        $BOXES = str_replace( ' ', ',', $_USER['boxes'] );

        $sql .= " AND (bid NOT IN ($BOXES) OR bid = '-1')";
    }

    $sql .= ' ORDER BY blockorder,title asc';
 

Those who say it can't be done, are usually interrupted by others doing it.

Status: offline

ofey

Forum User
Full Member
Registered: 18/03/2005
Posts: 213
Location:Dublin, Ireland
excited
It's working fine now.

I am running two sites from the one GL code. Clearly lib-common was incorrect so I copied the lib-common from the other site and fixed up the requireonce and all is now working.

I don't know how the lib-common file was so short. Perhaps I unknowingly deleted a chunk of code. Anyway it's fixed now.

Dirk thank you very much for you help.

Shane
Those who say it can't be done, are usually interrupted by others doing it.

All times are EST. The time is now 06:56 am.

  • Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content