Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 02 2024 @ 08:06 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Link to most recent story

CavemanJoe

Forum User
Chatty
Hi. Hopefully this should be a simple one - but it's got me a bit flummoxed.

After reversing display of stories to post the most recent one last (edit in lib-common.php) and setting the stories/page to 1, I've been able to turn GeekLog into a kind of webcomics engine, installed at culture-shock.net.

What I would like in order to take this further is a link to the most recent comic - the "CURRENT" link at the bottom of each post accomplishes this nicely, but it's pre-built on viewing of the page in lib-common.php (or is it index.php?), along with the previous and next buttons - currently it points to http://www.culture-shock.net/index.php?topic=saintcomic&page=18. I'd like to manually insert a link in the index page (represented as a static page in this instance) that takes users straight to the latest comic (IE the last page) - but without having to update the page number at the end of the link every time I post a new story. Can this be accomplished? I've tried things like &page=last and &page=999, but I've gotten nowhere. It'd be no problem to use a smart tag to handle this, as even the index page is a GeekLog static page.

Also, is there a way to have the "Next" and "Previous" buttons take the user to an expanded page, IE with the full text of the story, comments & trackbacks?

Many thanks,

~Caveman Joe
culture-shock.net
Silly browser RPG: improbableisland.com!

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:06 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content