Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 03:38 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Mediagallery upload error?

luiyirockero

Forum User
Hi,

i've just installed mediagallery for my geeklog 1.4. setup was clean following the wiki installation and after fixing permissions for the tmp and upload directories every permission was set ok at mediagallery.

The problem i got is, that after creating an album (which is created successfully), go to the "add media" option, select web browser, select the file from my desktop and finally after clicking the "process" button page there's nothing happening...screen becomes white.

It happens also with the ftp option. I've uploaded some files to the upload folder, and mediagallery lists them but when i click to add them to the album it does nothing...white screen again.

Do i have a permission problem somewhere? I did the file permission command the wiki says for the "permissions" subject but still nothing.

Thanks in advance.

mevans

Forum User
luiyirockero,

It sounds like you have a memory issue. This is documented in more detail in the Media Gallery Wiki under Common Problems and Troubleshooting...

Here is the quick overview. Usually when an upload ends in error (blank page) it is usually because the memory_limit setting in php.ini is too low. I believe the default is 8M, Media Gallery recommends at least 32M and in some cases will need 48M. The number is very dependent on the type of image being uploaded, how big, which graphics package, etc.

To be sure this is the problem, there is usually an error message in the web server's error log that will give the necessary details. This is not Geeklog's error.log file, but the web servers. If you have access to it, see if there are any clues in there.

My recommendation is to check and up the memory_limit setting in php.ini (check with your hosting service if you are not sure how to do this). Start with at least 32M and increase to 48M if the problem still exists.

Thanks!
Mark

luiyirockero

Forum User
ok Mark, i'll modify the memory limit and post back un a minute...actually i'm just uploading PNGs and JPGs to the mediagallery all about 50k.

Be right back..

luiyirockero

Forum User
After changing memory_limit from 8M to 48M everything went just fine.

Thanks Mark and congratullations for this great job.

mevans

Forum User
Great! Glad it is working! Let me know if you run into any other issues.

Thanks!
Mark

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:38 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content