Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 08:46 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

No such file or directory lib-database.php on line 117

rb44

Forum User
Ok..this is just getting plain downright crazy.

Would someone please take the time to help me
get this thing set up?

I know it's something in the path that's wrong but I don't understand what to do to make it right.

if the config.php file is in the main public_html folder would the path be /home/username/public_html/config.php
or would it be /home/username/config.php?

I've tried it both ways and I still get the errors.

I moved the public_html folder under public_html then moved the files to my blog folder.

I tried editing both places in the lib-common.php file and still can't figure out what's wrong.

Please help me not pull any more of hair out. I'm almost bald now.

samstone

Forum User
I am not quite sure what exactly caused the error, but it is obvious that you are confused with the directory structure.

Type "directory structure" in the search field and you will find a lot of past discussions on this topic.

Sam

rb44

Forum User
Oh wise and wonderful guru please share your vast knowledge with this lowly newbie.

Is it going to kill you to do something besides condescend? I already feel like I'm stupid you don't have to make me feel worse. Exclamation :banghead:

I've reset the structure. I just got through all that and I'm still getting the same errors as before.

Warning: main(/path/to/geeklog/system/databases/mysql.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dollarda/public_html/blog/system/lib-database.php on line 117

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/path/to/geeklog/system/databases/mysql.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php'Wink in /home/dollarda/public_html/blog/system/lib-database.php on line 117

samstone

Forum User
You are not stupid. Many of us went through this at the beginning.

Based on your error message, you didn't set the "/path/to/geeklog/" in the config.php.

Since I don't know your directory struture, I don't know what your path is. If you use the default structure of Geeklog, you should have the geeklog files in the /home/dollarda/ directory, so that the public_html will be naturally in your /home/dollarda/public_html directory. I can't post all files but the following would give you a general idea. You should see:

/home/dollarda/backup/
/home/dollarda/data/
/home/dollarda/language/
/home/dollarda/logs/
/home/dollarda/plugins/
/home/dollarda/public_html/
/home/dollarda/sql/
/home/dollarda/system/
/home/dollarda/config.php (this is where you config file should be, if you use the default structure)

Note: You must be able to put files behind public_html like above, meaning in the /home/dollarda/ directory. If you are putting the geeklog files in the public_html/blog/ directory because you can't put information behind public_html directory, then, in my opinion, I wouldn't use that webhost. By that I don't mean it is not doable, it will be a little more complicated and very insecure.

Sam

rb44

Anonymous
I don't want the blog to be my main site.
I have everything in the public_html folder
from the geeklog in my /blog folder.

My site is a traffic exchange.

I've made it to the part where I had to drop the database
because I was getting the 1050: Table 'gl_access' already exists error.

But even after checking all the tables and dropping them I'm still getting the error.

I don't know what else to do.

:banghead:

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: rb44

I don't want the blog to be my main site.
I have everything in the public_html folder
from the geeklog in my /blog folder

Okay, let's see.

That would be

$_CONF['path_html'] = '/home/dollarda/public_html/blog/';

then. Where did you put the rest of Geeklog's files? Set $_CONF['path'] to that directory and set

$_CONF['site_url'] = 'http://www.example.com/blog';

(replacing example.com with your domain name, of course).

bye, Dirk

crappy jones

Anonymous
Warning: main(/geeklog/system/databases/mysql.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/a/n/u/anuragkatyal/html/geeklog/system/lib-database.php on line 117

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/geeklog/system/databases/mysql.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php'Wink in /home/content/a/n/u/anuragkatyal/html/geeklog/system/lib-database.php on line 117

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ thats the error i get.

ive followed the directions pretty well(i think). i just uploaded the geeklog 1.4.1 folder as is and changed the name to geeklog(without the version. these are the commands in the config.php...oh and its a linux server...

$_CONF['path'] = '/geeklog/'; // should end in a slash

$_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . '/public_html/';

$_CONF['site_url'] = 'http://www.dappycs.com/geeklog/public_html';

$_CONF['site_admin_url'] = $_CONF['site_url'] . '/admin';

$_CONF['site_name'] = 'My 810g';

$_CONF['site_slogan'] = 'The Ramblings of Crappy \'Dappy\' Jones...';

please let me know why im getting those errors.

also, im using openoffice to edit it. not sure if that makes any difference.

heres the line from lib-common.php

require_once( '/geeklog/config.php' );

help? =/

jmucchiello

Forum User
$_CONF['path'] = '/home/content/a/n/u/anuragkatyal/html/geeklog/';

That will solve your immediate problem. But that is not how you should install geeklog. As you have it not, someone can access your config.php by surfing to http://www.dappycs.com/geeklog/config.php. That is bad.

Move geeklog to /home/content/a/n/u/anuragkatyal/geeklog and then copy the contents of /home/content/a/n/u/anuragkatyal/geeklog/public_html to /home/content/a/n/u/anuragkatyal/html

$_CONF['path'] = '/home/content/a/n/u/anuragkatyal/geeklog/';
$_CONF['path_html'] = /home/content/a/n/u/anuragkatyal/html/';
$_CONF['site_url'] = 'http://www.dappycs.com/';

Don't forget to fix the file '/home/content/a/n/u/anuragkatyal/html/lib-common.php so that it includes the config.php file explicitly using
require_once '/home/content/a/n/u/amuragkatyal/geeklog/config.php';

crappy jones

Anonymous
what if i were to just change the permissions of the config.php file...moreover...just change the permissions on the geeklog folder.

problem is it wont let me go any higher in the directory tree...im stuck at anuragkatyal/html...so whatever i put...goes there.

jmucchiello

Forum User
Did the first thing I said work for you? You should also read the installation FAQs listed under Support on the left side of this website. Installing Geeklog entirely within the web root can also help.

crappy jones

Anonymous
well i kind of dont want to try that simply because i wouldnt know how to undo the installation...the other thing that keeps confusing me is that the config.php file is just in the geeklog folder...and you keep refering to it as if it were in the public_html folder...do i move it there? also, it would be a valueable addition to the installation guide to mention that the paths start at the root of the server...not just with the webspace the person has, for n00bs like me. just my $0.02.

jmucchiello

Forum User
Quote by: crappy jones

well i kind of dont want to try that simply because i wouldnt know how to undo the installation...the other thing that keeps confusing me is that the config.php file is just in the geeklog folder...and you keep refering to it as if it were in the public_html folder

I have not told you to move the config.php file. It goes in the geeklog directory. It is in the directory above "backup", "data", :"system", "plugins", and all the other directories. The only thing I told you to move was public_html to the existing html directory. But you said you cannot access the directory above html: /home/content/a/n/u/anuragkatyal/

Have you read all of the installation FAQs? There are several that apply to your situation.

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:46 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content