Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, May 04 2024 @ 02:25 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Trouble with Admin Login/Geeklog Setup

Moon Watcher

Anonymous
I have just installed geeklog-1.4.0sr5-1 for the first time. I ran the script that checks permissions and everything is okay. I can access the index page and everything looks good. When I try to login as Admin (with the word password as my password) it takes me back to the index page.

There is no error message and nothing changes accept the "Who's Online" area of the index page. It shows that "Admin" is online if I try to login but it will also say that there are guests. Sometimes it will show that there are 2 guests along with Admin being online. When I try to post something the preview says posted by Anonymous.

If I reset my browser (which deletes my cookies) it says there is only 1 guest online (no users). I am not sure what is wrong and why I can't login as Admin. I tried creating a test user, logging in, and had the same result as with the Admin account.

The Geeklog install is on a test web hosting account that no one else knows about. So I know that I am the only person accessing the site.

ironmax

Anonymous
I don't know if this is the same problem I had but it sure sounds simular to it. Take a look at this article here and look on the second page. See if this helps.

Moon Watcher

Anonymous
I am not sure if it's the same issue discussed in the other post. I don't get any of the administration/member links when I try to login. I don't think I have ever been 100% logged in as a administrator or member. My web host is hosthead.com

I didn't make any changes to lib-custom.php other than adding the path pointing to config.php like the installation instructions said.

ironmax

Anonymous
Okay...besides deleting the cookies...what about deleting the cache files associated with that url?

Moon Watcher

Anonymous
When I reset my browser it clears everything, history, cookies, etc. I am using the Safari browser on a Macintosh laptop.

Moon Watcher

Anonymous
I copied the warning message from my browser before I reset it. Here is what it says:

"Resetting Safari erases your browsing history, empties the cache, clears the Downloads window, and removes cookies. It also removes any saved names and passwords or other AutoFill text and clears Google search entries."

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Moon Watcher: There is no error message and nothing changes accept the "Who's Online" area of the index page. It shows that "Admin" is online if I try to login but it will also say that there are guests.

Read the FAQ I can't log in.

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:25 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content