Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, May 03 2024 @ 07:03 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Center Block on Static Pages at 85%

Wyoming

Forum User
Junior
Howdy, Folks. I appreciate all the help I've received here and am learning a ton about GL. Here's a minor problem that I can't solve and hope someone can point me in the right direction:

I'm using the Soapbox theme and all is going pretty well but on my static pages the center block (the header and all content I've put on that page) seems to set at a width of 85% so I end up with a column of whitespace on the right. It's not filling the entire block.

I've scoured the obvious thtml files in the theme but haven't found the silver bullet yet. For example, I changed the width in blockheader.thtml to 100% and that fixed the center block but caused the right and left blocks to spill over. All the widths in header.thtml are set at 100% so it's not there.

What's perplexing to me (well, to be honest, most things in life are perplexing to me) is that this doesn't occur with stories, just static pages.

I hope I'm not missing something silly. Does anyone have any thoughts about the source of this problem?

Thanks!

Glenn

samstone

Forum User
I don't exactly know what you are encountering, but I also play with center block a lot and tweak its layout a while back. My hunch is that it has to do with some settings in the style.css. If you wrap the center block around a "block", then you will find those css settings related to the block. Check out the paddings.

Hope this helps!

Sam

Wyoming

Forum User
Junior
Thanks, Sam. I'll see what I can figure out with wrappings in style.css.

I appreciate the reply.

Glenn

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:03 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content