Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 12:12 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Problem moving my site - got errors, help urgently needed

garfy

Forum User
I have to move my site into subfolder and i put all the files into root folder inside altermedicine folder and i put public html files into altermedicine folder

my lib custom looks like this

require_once( '/home/altermed/public_html/altermedicine/root/config.php' );

and my config looks like this

// This should point to the directory where your config.php file resides.
$_CONF['path'] = '/home/altermed/public_html/altermedicine/root/'; // should end in a slash

// You only need to change this if you moved or renamed the public_html
// directory. In that case, you should specify the complete path to the
// directory (i.e. without the $_CONF['path']) like this:
// $_CONF['path_html'] = '/path/to/your/public_html/';
$_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . '/home/altermed/public_html/altermedicine/';

i got this error when trying to open the site

Warning: main(/home/altermed/public_html/altermedicine/root/plugins/phpbbbridge/functions.inc) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/altermed/public_html/altermedicine/lib-common.php on line 5632

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/altermed/public_html/altermedicine/root/plugins/phpbbbridge/functions.inc' (include_path='/home/altermed/public_html/altermedicine/root/system/pear/:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/altermed/public_html/altermedicine/lib-common.php on line 5632

mevans

Forum User
garfy,

Double check the installation docs for the phpbbbridge plugin, I believe when it is installed there is at least 1 file where you have to setup a path to some Geeklog files. Since you have moved things around a bit, you probably need to update that path as well. I don't recall the file(s) off the top of my head, but I know it is all documented in the plugin docs.

Good luck!
Mark

garfy

Forum User
Warning: main(/home/altermed/public_html/altermedicine/phpBB2/config.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/altermed/public_html/altermedicine/phpBB2/common.php on line 182

Warning: main(/home/altermed/public_html/altermedicine/phpBB2/config.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/altermed/public_html/altermedicine/phpBB2/common.php on line 182

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/altermed/public_html/altermedicine/phpBB2/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/altermed/public_html/altermedicine/root/system/pear/:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/altermed/public_html/altermedicine/phpBB2/common.php on line 182

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/altermed/public_html/altermedicine/phpBB2/common.php:182) in /home/altermed/public_html/altermedicine/phpBB2/common.php on line 186

what is wrong now?
I still haven't pointed the domain to the subfolder because I do not wanna get offline so I really need to fix this so when I will point it to the other place it will work

can someone tell me if only phpbb forum is giving me trouble and if geeklog is setup ok?

garfy

Forum User
ok i disabled the forum plugin and now i get this error

Template Error: set_root: /home/altermed/public_html/altermedicine/root//home/altermed/public_html/altermedicine/layout/peaceful is not a directory.
Halted.

and on geeklog site it says it is the problem with config file and publichtml line

so here is my line

// $_CONF['path_html'] = '/path/to/your/public_html/';
$_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . '/home/altermed/public_html/altermedicine/';

the site resides in subfolder altermedicine

mevans

Forum User
garfy,

Let's step back a minute and revisit your directory re-organization:

These are the files/directories that go where you point your $_CONF['path'] to:

config.php
backups/
data/
language/
logs/
plugins/
sql/
system/

So based on the config.php $_CONF['path'] setting you referenced in the first post, the above directories should be in the '/home/altermed/public_html/altermedicine/root/' directory.

Now the directory pointed to by $_CONF['path_html'] should contain:

article.php
comment.php
directory.php
getimage.php
index.php
lib-common.php
pdfgenerator.php
pingback.php
profiles.php
search.php
stats.php
submit.php
trackback.php
users.php
usersettings.php

admin/
backend/
calendar/
captcha/
docs/
fckeditor/
help/
images/
javascript/
layout/
links/
polls/
staticpages/

These are the actual files to run the website, what needs to be accessible from the web, so they are located in: /home/altermed/public_html/altermedicine/'

MAKE SURE! You have your config.php setup as follows if the above is true about your directories:

$_CONF['path'] = '/home/altermed/public_html/altermedicine/root/';
$_CONF['path_html'] = '/home/altermed/public_html/altermedicine/';

Notice that there is not a $_CONF['path'] . preceeding the directory on the $_CONF['path_html'] line.

Hopefully this will help you get it straightened out.

Thanks!
mark

garfy

Forum User
Quote by mevans: garfy,

Let's step back a minute and revisit your directory re-organization:

These are the files/directories that go where you point your $_CONF['path'] to:

config.php
backups/
data/
language/
logs/
plugins/
sql/
system/

So based on the config.php $_CONF['path'] setting you referenced in the first post, the above directories should be in the '/home/altermed/public_html/altermedicine/root/' directory.

Now the directory pointed to by $_CONF['path_html'] should contain:

article.php
comment.php
directory.php
getimage.php
index.php
lib-common.php
pdfgenerator.php
pingback.php
profiles.php
search.php
stats.php
submit.php
trackback.php
users.php
usersettings.php

admin/
backend/
calendar/
captcha/
docs/
fckeditor/
help/
images/
javascript/
layout/
links/
polls/
staticpages/

These are the actual files to run the website, what needs to be accessible from the web, so they are located in: /home/altermed/public_html/altermedicine/'

MAKE SURE! You have your config.php setup as follows if the above is true about your directories:

$_CONF['path'] = '/home/altermed/public_html/altermedicine/root/';
$_CONF['path_html'] = '/home/altermed/public_html/altermedicine/';

Notice that there is not a $_CONF['path'] . preceeding the directory on the $_CONF['path_html'] line.

Hopefully this will help you get it straightened out.

Thanks!
mark

thankyou

this was the problem

it works now

thank you

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:12 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content