Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 01:39 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Program Compatibilities

congleal

Forum User
I've been using Geeklog for a couple of years and found both the program and the endusers to be outstanding both in their functionality and the assistance across the board.
Lately with the various program updates their seems to be some compatibilities issues concerning the many parts that makeup a Geeklog site.
In the past, on my Windows server I've loaded php, mysql, geeklog and wham, bam, thankyou mam, the site was up and running...
Now however, I load php, mysql, geeklog (all most current editions) and I get a cornacopia of issues, in one case spending nearly a day to resolve a mysql (old vs new password) compatibility issue... I'm not whinning but would it be worthwhile to create sub-groups, i.e. Windows, Linux to address specific issues and make specific recommendations on versions of sub-programs that are critical to geeklog? Maybe this has already been done.
Again, let me clearly state I am a superfan of Geelog and my comments are provided only to make the users experience even better!

Rgds,

Lee

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:39 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content