Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 05:44 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Forum install problem... SQL error

JB

Anonymous
I'm having a problem installing the forum plugin (forum 2.3.2 - 1.3.9)

I followed all the steps in transfering all of the files to the appropriate directories but when I go to install i get... "The Plugin is Not Installed"

I looked at the error log file and it says this:

Mon 11 Sep 2006 12:51:13 EDT - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT * FROM

Confused

Any help would be appriceiated!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
register_globals = on ?

Although that wouldn't explain the SQL error.

bye, Dirk

JB

Anonymous
Ok, I have a question. I'm installing the forum "inside" a directory on the home directory of the server as in...

"something".johndoe.com as oppsed to "www".johndoe.com

Do I have to do anything different with the directory structure?

Geeklog resides inside folder "something" inside of the public_html folder on the server. The FTP structure looks like this /public_html/something/

So my question is do I add another public_html folder inside of the "something" folder like so? /public_html/something/public_html/forum

Not sure what I'm doing wrong that no one else seems to have a problem with Doh! - that was a mistake

Thanks

JB

Anonymous
Quote by JB: Ok, I have a question. I'm installing the forum "inside" a directory on the home directory of the server as in...

"something".johndoe.com as oppsed to "www".johndoe.com

Do I have to do anything different with the directory structure?

Geeklog resides inside folder "something" inside of the public_html folder on the server. The FTP structure looks like this /public_html/something/

So my question is do I add another public_html folder inside of the "something" folder like so? /public_html/something/public_html/forum

Not sure what I'm doing wrong that no one else seems to have a problem with Doh! - that was a mistake

Thanks

Looking at the "Install & Upgrade Document" my directory structure is like this...

FTP:
public_html//

So am I supposed to set it up like this...

FTP:
public_html//public_html/forum

Help Confused

JB

Anonymous
Sorry I put the brackets like the other document...

Looking at the "Install & Upgrade Document" my directory structure is like this...

FTP:
public_html/geeklog directory/

So am I supposed to set it up like this...

FTP:
public_html/geeklog directory/public_html/forum

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:44 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content