Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 02 2024 @ 01:32 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Migration problem, can't log in

PWR

Forum User
Junior
I've set up a new hosting account for one of my Geeklog sites, moving from a reseller at Company X directly to Company X. They've set me up and have migrated the site to a different server, but the original is still the active site because I won't transfer the nameservers etc until all has been tested at the new IP.

When I go to NewIP/~accountname/ I'm greeted with the front page of my site (at the new location) with a login option. The problem is that when I log in as admin in order to continue testing, it takes me to the original site (Domain.com/admin) instead of the new location (NewIP/admin). So far I've looked at the language file and scanned the Geeklog FAQ and forum but haven't found a way to log in as admin at the new location.

I'd rather handle this from within Geeklog if possible, and not by changing the admin login/pw at the new host. I'm doubtful that would even work, it'd probably still point to domain.com instead of IP.

This is rather urgent, so any advice would be appreciated.

eg0master

Forum User
Regular Poster
Change the $_CONF['site_url'] in your config.php on the new site and use the IP there and not the domain name.
Geeklog Plugins: http://plugincms.com

PWR

Forum User
Junior
That sounds "just right", will give it a try and report back. Thanks!

PWR

Forum User
Junior
Ah, yes, that worked. Thanks, eg0master!

Now I'm faced w/another problem, when I log in I get 403 Forbidden "You don't have permission to access /users.php on this server." Grrrr. Well, one step at a time, as they say.

Thanks again.

PWR

Forum User
Junior
Well, duh.

Seems I have to enter IP/~accountname in config.php instead of just IP, which makes sense.

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:32 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content