Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 03:39 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

forbidden? wtf?

spidermann

Forum User
Junior
Ok, I have had the "hackers" trying to get into my site. Fixed them so far.

Have updated to latest secure version of GL.

This started while I still had 4.03 installed, and has not fixed with the latest release. Am not sure if it is GL or my host though.

Here is the deal: I go into Block and try to edit a block, or even create one. I get the form, fill it all out, and hit "save". I then get the Forbidden page saying I do not have access to this page.

This is happening throughout different parts of my site though. I also run phpAdsNew, and whenever I try to create a new ad or edit one, the same error comes up when hitting save. It would seem as if all forms are not working.

But there is a catch: all story submissions, as well as phpbb, is working perfectly.

I have tried changing permissions on files themselves, but have had no fruit bore. I also created a new user and changed to it for my MySQL DBs. No success.

Am about at the end of my rope here. Any thoughts or suggestions?

(hope this is in the right place. I figure that if anything, I get the GL part of it fixed and I can fix the rest of it.)

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
What do you mean by "Forbidden page"? Are you referring to one of Geeklog's notices or is this your webserver's 403 page?

In the latter case, check your .htaccess for any rules that may be triggered by the pages you're trying to access. For example, I accidentally blocked access to the Messenger plugin here on geeklog.net because I had a rewrite rule that blocked all URLs containing "folder=" ...

bye, Dirk

spidermann

Forum User
Junior
It is the webserver Forbidden page, not a gl one. That is why I am thinking it is server issue not gl.

There is no .htaccess for me to access. It would appear the host has decided that us paying customers are no longer able to have access to this file and are doing it themselves.

Got a ticket in, but it looks like a host hunt is going to be starting soon...

Thanks for the tip. Will post again if anything changes.

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:39 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content