Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 03:46 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Limit Master Calendar Add Event Access

Ghost

Anonymous
confused
Is it possible to protect the master calendar so that only Event admins can add events to it? Individual users can modify their own calendars all they want, but I don't want them adding events to the master calendar without proper access.

Thanks.

Ghost

Anonymous
*bump*

Was this a stupid question? If it's in the docs somewhere just tell me where, because I did look. I also searched and found nothing...

Any help would be appreciated.

ronack

Forum User
How about turning on the Submission queue for Events. Then just disapprove those you don't want. It willl also give you the ability to approve something entered by someone other than Event Admins.

Ghost

Anonymous
Ok, I guess that would work, but really I'll never want anyone to post to the global calendar besides myself, and perhaps 1 or 2 others in the future. No way to just block access to it? I don't want users confusing it with the personal calendar which I want to encourage them to use.

Thanks.

Jared

Anonymous
Hi, I have the same question to this one, I keep being spammed by random "calendar submissions" for spam sites and whatnot. I've looked for just a way to completely disable adding events for all but myself, seeing as I'm the only one who will ever need to do it... Any help is GREATLY appreciated Smile

Andy

Anonymous
open config.php of your geeklog, and find this (somewhere near line 437) :

$_CONF['submitloginrequired'] = 1;

change the number into 1 instead of 0, it will disable anonymous to submit and events.

andy

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:46 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content