Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 02:11 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

SQL Errors preventing any article posting / editing

sn0wflake

Forum User
Hi guys,
I'm running out of options here and I'm not really sure as to where to go to fix this issue.

I recently had a drive failure, but thankfully I didnt loose any data, I reinstalled the system with a new drive and a new OS, upgrading the system from FC3 to RHEL4. With that MySQL was also upgraded to version 5.

I restored the backup of the site that I had, reconfigured apache to the previous settings, imported the schema / data to create the same database without any errors at all.

http://www.ion-guild.com is the website in question...

What is happening is that we cant access any forum posts, we cant edit posts, at least from what I can see atm.

The error log gives this error:

Tue Jul 11 16:25:19 2006 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT forum FROM gl_forum_topic WHERE id=

also the forum comes up with :

An SQL error has occured...

Any help is appreciated....

Thanks in advance
snow

P.S. - Forgot to add that I'm running GeekLog v1.3.8-1sr2 on this site...

Thanks again.

ironmax

Anonymous
Hmmm...I had something simular to that and found that it was a php setting in the ini file for register_globals either varify that it is on or look at the discussion at this forum link here

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:11 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content