Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Sunday, October 06 2024 @ 06:43 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Newbie Needs Assistance.

Erika

Forum User
I am completely out of my element. My web host has Geeklog installed. I upgraded to 4.0 or whatever the new one is called. Only God knows if I did it correctly. Is there any way to test it?

Next case: I have a beautiful theme (movabletype) that I would like to use. Is that possible?
When I use my NoteTab text editing software, is there a way I can make it compatible with Geeklog?
Offline, the theme looks perfect - however, online, it's a mess. Can someone help me
The Happy Shutterbug
     8  Quote

johnC

Anonymous
embarrassed
praying it will work

New to this but you said you learnt everything from Geeklog about web sites, I found out most from Msn Front page software.

I am finding Geeklog working better as time goes by, I nearly got rid of the scripe last week, but its starting to work better.

Erika

Anonymous
No it wasn't me that said I learned everything. It was the post before mine.

So, what are you saying. Persevere?

Erika

Cobro

Forum User
Chatty
isin't there in admin only a geeklog version test if that is what you are talking about ?

and about the theme if you have theme that is competable with geeklog 1.4 or 2 then you should just go to your layout/professional and just copy your theme over there BUT in case copy the professional folder or make a save copy if your theme dose not work properly.. just keep on posting other guys maby able to help you some vera along.. just post details about the problem

Cobro Giving it a try

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Erika: I have a beautiful theme (movabletype) that I would like to use. Is that possible?

Themes from MT are not compatible, but if you know some HTML and CSS, it should certainly be possible to reproduce it as a Geeklog theme. See if the theme documentation is of any help to you.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:43 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content