Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 11:38 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

eMail Icon in stories

skipole

Anonymous
I have a very old version of Geeklog running (1.3.6 I believe). I was required to disable the eMail a Story option when I first installed it. Now that the manager who made me turn it off has moed on I want to turn it back on but can't remeber what I did. Anyone want to help a dummy?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by skipole: I have a very old version of Geeklog running (1.3.6 I believe).

I hope not. Or at least that it's not running outside of an intranet. Anything older than 1.3.9sr5 has severe security issues and can be hacked in minutes.

Quote by skipole: I was required to disable the eMail a Story option when I first installed it. Now that the manager who made me turn it off has moed on I want to turn it back on but can't remeber what I did.

$_CONF['hideemailicon'] was introduced in 1.3.7. If you're on anything older, it may actually have been a hack or maybe you removed it from the template files.

bye, Dirk

skipole

Anonymous
It's version 1.3.7 and that switch is set to 0. I guess you're right it's time to upgrade. Is there anything in print on the easiest way to upgrade from 1.3.7 to the latest?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
You can upgrade from any old version to the current version in one step. Just follow the instructions.

Note that new versions usually require theme changes, so if you're using a custom theme, you will have to upgrade that.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:38 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content