Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, May 21 2024 @ 02:28 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

PHP ERROR _ HELP

Santosh

Anonymous
confused
Hi,
I was trying to upload a story to my site when I got the following error. Doh! - that was a mistake Could someone tell me what could be wrong and what I need to do next to rectify this bug?
Thank you,
santosh

Warning: synd_updatefeed(/home/vedanta/public_html/vedanta/system/classes/RSS-0.9x.feed.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/vedanta/public_html/vedanta/system/lib-syndication.php on line 614

Fatal error: synd_updatefeed(): Failed opening required '/home/vedanta/public_html/vedanta/system/classes/RSS-0.9x.feed.class.php' (include_path='/home/vedanta/public_html/vedanta/system/pear/:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/vedanta/public_html/vedanta/system/lib-syndication.php on line 614
Doh! - that was a mistake Doh! - that was a mistake Doh! - that was a mistake Doh! - that was a mistake

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
When you save a new story, Geeklog will update your site's RSS feed to include that new story. Looks like that failed in your case.

Which Geeklog version are you running?

The error message looks like you've mixed code from 1.4.0 with an earlier version. Did you do an upgrade recently? If so, you may have missed a few files during the update ...

bye, Dirk

Santosh

Anonymous
Dirk,
that was really brilliant deduction.

Banging your head Yes...i did an upgrade recently. And l think ur heading the right way... so what do i do now next? plz help Doh! - that was a mistake

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
As I said, you probably missed a few files during the upgrade.

Start with uploading all the files in the system directory (and all its subdirectories) again (make a backup of your lib-custom.php if you have any custom code in there) and see if that helps.

bye, Dirk

Santosh

Anonymous
Dirk,

I tried deleting the directory from the root, untarred the file from fantasticobackup as instructed but now i continue to get this error.

Warning: main(/home/vedanta/public_html/vedanta/plugins/links/functions.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/vedanta/public_html/vedanta/lib-common.php on line 6108

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/vedanta/public_html/vedanta/plugins/links/functions.inc' (include_path='/home/vedanta/public_html/vedanta/system/pear/:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/vedanta/public_html/vedanta/lib-common.php on line 6108

What next??? Banging your head

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Read the error messages carefully - they are giving you all the information you need.

"No such file or directory" means that the file mentioned was not found at that place. Which means that either it's simply not there or that the path is wrong.

bye, Dirk

Dave1

Anonymous
Dudes,

I was getting this same error. I reinstalled the tarball, updated to sr7 of 1.3.11 and still no change. I thought I had restored my previous database, but aparently not or something else oddball.

Here is what I did to fix it: (a hack, but at least it works)

line 613 of file lib-syndication.php

insert: $A['format'] = 'rss';

Here is what the section looks like after patching:

Text Formatted Code
function SYND_updateFeed( $fid )
{
    global $_CONF, $_TABLES, $_SYND_DEBUG;

$result = DB_query( "SELECT * FROM {$_TABLES['syndication']} WHERE fid = $fid");
    $A = DB_fetchArray( $result );
    if( $A['is_enabled'] == 1 )
    {
    $A['format'] = 'rss';
        require_once( $_CONF['path_system'] . 'classes/' . $A['format']
                      . '.feed.class.php' );
        $feed = new $A['format']();

So if you have a failed upgrade to 1.4 like I did, unless you can figure out how to downgrade the database, you're stuck with this hack.

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:28 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content