Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, May 07 2024 @ 05:38 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Anonymous Comments

Gush

Anonymous
I need to have the 'Post Comment' link on my articles linking to the page which says sign in to post your comments. At the moment if i disable anonymous comments posts in config file, the 'post comment' link disaapers on the articles but only appears when one logs in. I want it not to disappear but leading to a sign in page when one clicks on 'post comment'. AM using Geeklog 1.3.11sr1

Someone please help.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Gush: At the moment if i disable anonymous comments posts in config file, the 'post comment' link disaapers on the articles but only appears when one logs in.

Hmm, as you can see here on geeklog.net, that is not the case. We have disabled anonymous comments in config.php, but the "post a comment" link is still there ...

bye, Dirk

Gush

Anonymous
Sorry Dirk please help me....which line did you disable in config.php??, in fact i meant 'Add Comment' for replies to comments does not show. it only shows if someone logs in

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
$_CONF['commentsloginrequired'] = 1;

bye, Dirk

aleemkhan

Forum User
Does anyone know how to delete all comments and stories submitted by "Anonymous"?

I used to allow them but now I require login for both of the above. However, the old comments and stories posted by "Anonymous" remain.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Geeklog is the best. ------ Yes, I know. I should change my name to conehead. :-)

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by aleemkhan: Does anyone know how to delete all comments and stories submitted by "Anonymous"?

You would have to write a short script that goes through the database and picks all the stories and comments where uid = 1 and then call STORY_deleteStory for stories and CMT_deleteComment for comments.

You can't do it manually in the database or you would risk leaving orphaned records behind.

bye, Dirk

Aleem

Anonymous
OK, thanks for the reply.

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:38 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content