Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 06:18 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

comment exclusion question

Brent Curtis

Anonymous
Hey all you generous people, hows it goin?
Ha,
anyways, my question simply is: in the preferences people can exclude to view authors posts right? well that doesnt do much for comments.

wheres the php code for the filtering of topics, so i can plug it into the comment display code as well? (and where would i find the comment display code?) also i would like to disable the veiwing of comments from anons too!!

also a possible bug: i tried comepletly turning off comments ( think it was in config.php) but it didnt do anything to disable them....

Blah Blah Blah Blah ... if you want to know whats going on, i have 2 people that i dont want to see eachothers comments. but i want them to be able to comment. and i dont want anons to see comments.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Brent Curtis: in the preferences people can exclude to view authors posts right? well that doesnt do much for comments.

Hmm, that may be a bug then. Have to look into it.

Quote by Brent Curtis: also a possible bug: i tried comepletly turning off comments ( think it was in config.php) but it didnt do anything to disable them....

$_CONF['comment_code'] is only the default setting for new stories. Comments can be enabled/disabled for every story in the Admin's story editor.

bye, Dirk

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Brent Curtis: in the preferences people can exclude to view authors posts right? well that doesnt do much for comments.

Confirmed.

But then again, that list only contains people who have posted a story so even if it would be working with comments, you couldn't use it to hide posts by someone who only posted comments.

Anyway, this should be cleaned up one way or another. Please submit a bug report.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:18 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content