garfy

Forum User
of mailto: command

i do not want to use my profile email form

is there a way there is another with clean url like /contactus.htm

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
There is no other form that you could use for that.

What's wrong with the "email user" form? And if you want something more sophisticated, that shouldn't be hard too do yourself.

bye, Dirk

drshakagee

Forum User
What I always do is cut and copy the form from the contact user page, and edit and restyle it into a static page.
Yes I am mental.

garfy

Forum User
is there a way to hide email adress because i am sick of spam

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by garfy: is there a way to hide email adress because i am sick of spam

There's nothing to hide - Geeklog doesn't display your email address (unless you put it somewhere yourself) ...

bye, Dirk

Minshull

Forum User
Quote by: Dirk

There is no other form that you could use for that.
What's wrong with the "email user" form? And if you want something more sophisticated, that shouldn't be hard too do yourself.
bye, Dirk

Could you elaborate a bit on your suggestion Dirk?
Would I copy/edit profiles.php and use that as a seperate page?

I think thats what you're saying and if so my main concern would be validating the custom fields that would be added. I pretty much understand html form design, but I'm no php programmer. I'm not asking for a php tutorial either, just whether or not I'm on the right track and understanding what you're suggesting.

I want to use a more elaborate 'application form' on my site (see example here) but don't quite understand how to go about it. Your suggestion seems the most logical and would take advantage of the php mail processor and forms validation, and hopefully the captcha plugin to prevent spam.

Just for fun, I tried testing a basic php form and using <?php include "contactme_.php"; ?> in a static page, but I get errors that way with or without the php tags, and can't quite seem to get my head around the whole process. I don't like that solution as much anyways if I can modify the native Geeklog 'email user' form to do what I need.

Quote by: drshakagee

What I always do is cut and copy the form from the contact user page, and edit and restyle it into a static page.

drshakagee, Do you have an example I could look at?

Using an html form in a static page seems simple enough, but I'd prefer not having to use a third party mail processor and captcha scripts when Geeklog already has those functions. I just don't understand php enough to hook into them.

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:06 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content