Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, May 17 2024 @ 08:14 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

How hard to integrate WebCalendar into Geeklog?

JoeZ

Anonymous
Does anyone have any idea as to what needs to be done? It is my goal to do this but need some help and direction. The WebCalendar php program is exactly what I want in a calendar, and since my geeklog site will be mostly event driven, I really want this script installed.

JT

Anonymous
I think this is pretty hard to do. Webcalendar has its own database. So this means its database has to somehow be integrated into Geeklog's database. There are other issues too.

Webcalendar seems A LOT clunkier than Geeklog's calendar. I am just waiting patiently for someone to come along and make the current calendar a plugin. THEN maybe we can make it have the features of webcalendar. I would think the following features should be a great start:

-Recurring Events
-Entries by Group
-Reminders

JoeZ

Anonymous
Well I've already taken care of the databases, which was pretty easy. I checked fuctionallity and all seems well, just have to make sure that users are only added/deleted through geeklog and have to add afew custom values when they register. They read off the same database, but similarly to how phpbbbridge does it.

The cookies are giving me a hard time right now because I'm not quite sure how to make the calendar read and accept the gklg cookie.

Everything else seems pretty straight forward so far...but help would be MUCH appreciated!

joez

Forum User
Junior
I guess that's really the big chunk of what I need to do to get this working...I need some help getting webcalendar to read the geeklog cookie so wc knows the user is logged in.

If anyone is familiar with phpbbbridge and knows how it is done there, please post here!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
There's a whole bunch of user-related function in Geeklog's plugin API. phpBBBridge makes extensive use of those.

See system/lib-plugins.php

bye, Dirk

joez

Forum User
Junior
I've been looking through those but don't see where it deals with cookies...

How can PLG_loginuser() be used to log people into webcalendar if they are revisiting the site?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by joez: How can PLG_loginuser() be used to log people into webcalendar if they are revisiting the site?

Text Formatted Code
/**
* This function will inform all plugins when a user logs in                    
* Note: This function is NOT called when users are re-authenticated by their  
* long-term cookie. The global variable $_USER['auto_login'] will be set to    
* 'true' in that case, however.
* @param     int     $uid     user id
*/
function PLG_loginUser ($uid)

bye, Dirk

JoeZ

Anonymous
Ok...I appreciate the help, but that doesn't log the user into webcalendar. Webcalendar doesn't appear to have a remote login script. I uploaded the login file to zorsus.net/webcal/login.txt as well as the include files associated with it.

How can I turn that login.txt into a function that I can call for plg_loginuser ?

JoeZ

Anonymous
bump

joez

Forum User
Junior
someone please help...

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:14 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content