Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 01:18 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Number of database queries

Robin

Forum User
I got this question posted by one of the users that I can't answer Sad
He is wondering how many database queries are there upon a standard web page loading, using Geeklog of course Smile

Any help much appreciated Its a deal - shaking hands
Geeklog Polish Support Team

mevans

Forum User
Robin,

I did a little profiling of all the database calls a month or so ago while working on my Media Gallery plugin. These numbers are from GL 1.3.11, I'm not sure if they are valid for GL 1.4.

Basically, the number of database calls depends very heavily on the plugins you have installed and what items you place on your main page. For example, a stock, out of the box, Geeklog 1.3.11 installation with the default article makes approximately 65 database calls to load the main page. If you turn off the featured article for the sample article it drops to 63 calls.

So, as you add other stuff, like a Media Gallery plugin, it calls go up in number. Using my plugin with Random Image and What's New listing, the number jumps from 65 to 75 calls to load the front page.

Add the forum plugin with the centerblock, more database calls. Same is true for featured articles, polls, events, which blocks are enabled, etc.

So, there is not one single answer. It is very dependent on what is installed on your site and how it is configured and what all you have installed and enabled.

Does that help any?

Thanks!
Mark

Robin

Forum User
Thanks a lot man Its a deal - shaking hands
Geeklog Polish Support Team

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:18 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content