Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 08 2024 @ 03:46 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

HTML restrictions

inquest750

Anonymous
Ok, i have a question regarding the HTML restrictions. i am the only person allowed on my website to post stories and create topics. My entire website consists of content and forums. Where users who register can post in the forums. If I disbale the HTML restrictions, does anyone see this as a problem if I'm the only one writing the content in the stories, topics, and static pages. Your help is greatly appreciated.

R

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Users can still post HTML in comments and in the forums ...

bye, Dirk

inquest750

Anonymous
The comments are completely disabled. The HTML control also affects the forums? Is there any way to shut this off for site articles, and still keep it on for the forums?

R

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The forum has an option to use its own HTML filter instead of Geeklog's. You'd have to ask Blaine for details, though.

bye, Dirk

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Btw, Geeklog 1.4.0 has an option to disable HTML filtering for members of the Root group only. Maybe you should be looking into either using 1.4.0 or porting that change back to your version.

bye, Dirk

inquest750

Anonymous
Quote by Dirk: Btw, Geeklog 1.4.0 has an option to disable HTML filtering for members of the Root group only. Maybe you should be looking into either using 1.4.0 or porting that change back to your version.

bye, Dirk

we're working on the updates... we are just about ready to upgrade to 1.3.11SR3. If that works well, we will update to 1.4. thanks for your help Dirk.

Tekvaio

Anonymous
Dirk,
This brings up a good topic.. I'm runing 1.3.11sr1 . and would like to jump to 1.4 . Would you recommend, upgrading in stages,through each Service Release. Or can I go straight to 1.4.

Cheers,
TV

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Tekvaio: Would you recommend, upgrading in stages,through each Service Release. Or can I go straight to 1.4.

You can always go directly from any older release to the most current.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:46 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content