Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 07:26 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

no "navbar" error installing forum on 1.3.11SR3

lectron

Anonymous
confused
I just installed Geeklog 1.3.11SR3 for the first time (with no problems), but now I'm trying to add the plug-in “Geeklog Forum Version 2.3.2”, and I'm having the following problem;
Install appeared to go OK, but when I go to admin and click the forum icon I get the following error message:
------------
“Discussion Forum Stats Template Error: set_root: /home/USERNAME/public_html/layout/professional/navbar is not a directory.
Halted.”
-------------
I checked both on the server and locally (install files), and I have no folder named navbar. Is it possible that I have a version incompatibility problem?
Permissions seem OK everywhere I checked, and I followed the install instructions, as near as I can tell.
Thanks in advance,
lectron

BTW, I tried to do a search on the forum, but even with cookies ON , all searches are returning error messages such as:
“Forum Search results for the query: navbar An SQL error has occurred. Please see error.log for details.”
Despite DSL here page loading is very slow, so I wonder if timeouts are the problem? This was also happening yesterday, but no problems with other URLs.
Mandrake 10.1 Firefox 1.5

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
This is addressed in the Forum plugin's installation instructions. Please read them again carefully.

As for the search, see my previous response and use the search in the upper left corner for now.

bye, Dirk

lectron

Anonymous
Well, I went back and rechecked everything according to the instructions at least 6 times, but could find nothing that was missed or done in error, so I finally removed the forum due to lack of time to TS it. Thanks anyway.

Blaine

Forum User
It would have been a pretty simple fix - copy the missing template files from the forum archive supplied. As the error was reporting - it was missing the navbar theme files.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by lectron: Well, I went back and rechecked everything according to the instructions at least 6 times, but could find nothing that was missed

My apologies - the bit about the navbar directory is indeed missing from the installation instructions for an initial install, but only mention in the upgrade instructions:
4. Copy the themefiles/navbar files to {yourtheme} directory - each theme directory
+ Example XSilver/nabar

Blaine, that's something you may want to correct if you haven't already done so.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:26 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content