Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 06:09 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Managing Groups & Rights

JRGilliam

Anonymous
hopeful
I'm relatively new to GL having just installed v1.3.11sr3 last week -- so far, so good. However, I'm currently hung up on one issue.

I only want a specific user type (based on membership level) to be able to submit events to the master calendar (personal calendars = off).

THE QUESTION: Is it possible to have a subset of registered users NOT be able to submit events to the master calendar. If so, how would I accomplish this?

Better yet, is there a way to default event submissions to OFF, then give the right to "submit.event" only to particular users based on the group they're in? I couldn't find anything like this in the config.php file.

I've tried several possible solutions. I created a new Group with only the "submit.event" right, then added a user as a member of that Group and the "Logged In Users" Group. Didn't work because all "Logged In Users" can submit events to the master calendar ("all users" Group can submit events, too). I've learned that I can't edit any of the Core Groups, so that's a bust, too.

If this helps paint of picture of what I'm trying to do, the registered users represent membership levels -- different members get access to different stuff. I've figured out (by using group management) how to display certain Topics based on the group the user is in, but this last piece is giving me fits.

I'm hopeful there's a way to work this out and someone on the forum can help me figure it out.

Thanks!

JR

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:09 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content