Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, July 27 2024 @ 12:50 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Installation OK, Configuration CONFUSED

chriss_t

Forum User
confused
I installed Geeklog on my Pair Networks Account by following their instructions precisely and everything appeared to install smoothly. After remapping the domain the last set of instruction is as follows:

At the end of the installation process, Geeklog provides you with a URL where you may begin using your installation of Geeklog. After your domain has been remapped, you may visit this URL to begin using Geeklog.

The first thing you should do is change the default passwords Geeklog uses for the Admin and Moderator accounts!

Learning More About Geeklog

You can learn more about Geeklog and hook up with fellow Webmasters at the official Geeklog site.

I don't think that I was sent a domain for Geeklog and so now I am confused about what to do next. I have contacted Pair support several times and as of yet I have not been able to reseolve my small problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions as how to go about configuring Geeklog knowing what I have posted. By the way, I come from MS Frontpage so you may need to hold my hand more than you normally would Wink

Thanks,
Chriss_t

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I have to admit I'm not too sure what pair.com means by those instructions (here, btw) either ...

So, what happens when you simply enter your domain name (in your browser's address bar)?

bye, Dirk

chriss_t

Forum User
I am getting closer I think. Tech support replied and said that the account was set up. When I go to the domain I see the Geeklog page, so I think things are working out.

My next step is to set up all necessary directories, customize the interface and finally learn how to use Geeklog.

Thanks for your help, it looks like it was a matter of time (or maybe tech support).

chriss_t

Forum User
I have created the directory

'.../public_html/images/articles'

to add content by clicking on the GET PUBLISHED link within the Geeklog default style on the homepage and I get the error

'Specified upload directory exists but is not writable'

Do you have any suggestions to fix the problem?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by chriss_t: 'Specified upload directory exists but is not writable'

Do you have any suggestions to fix the problem?

Um, make it writable? See the manual installation instructions (#3).

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:50 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content