Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 15 2024 @ 03:38 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

A few questions from a new GeekLog Admin

TMR Design

Forum User
Hello,

I recently installed the newest version of GeekLog and have a few questions to determine if it will do all the things I want without too much modification or no modification at all.

1. Is it possible to disable the user preference to choose a layout and just have one default layout that everyone uses?

2. I have a basic design for the site I want to build and now I want to integrate GL into my template (or vice versa). What is the method for doing this? Are there tutorials? tips?

3. I want to have the central part of my page as a NEWS section with the lates news article shown. I don't want more than one article to appear. Older articles can be accessed by going to the news topics and reading. I just want to present an article but do not want users to comment. I will add a forum for them to give feedback and exchange ideas. What is the best way to use GL so I can present news articles one at a time with no ability for comment?

For now that will do it. I appreciate any help I can get, and if seeing the code for the page I want to integrate will help please let me know and I can give you code or a link to the page.

Thank you,
Robert T
TMR Design

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by TMR Design: 1. Is it possible to disable the user preference to choose a layout and just have one default layout that everyone uses?

See $_CONF['allow_user_themes'] in config.php

Quote by TMR Design: 2. I have a basic design for the site I want to build and now I want to integrate GL into my template (or vice versa). What is the method for doing this? Are there tutorials? tips?

Start here.

Quote by TMR Design: 3. I want to have the central part of my page as a NEWS section with the lates news article shown. I don't want more than one article to appear.

Try experimenting with $_CONF['limitnews'], although that may be used for other things as well (e.g. the Older Stories block), so you may end up having to modify index.php to get what you want.

bye, Dirk

P.S. Also see the FAQ: Customising Geeklog

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:38 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content