Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, May 28 2024 @ 06:43 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

No success message - stuck between steps 7 and 8.

Jonathan Haws

Anonymous
happy
I am trying to install the latest version on GeekLog (1.3.11 is what the installer says) and it has been giving me fits. I finally was able to get it to work with MySQL, but now the installation seems to halt between steps 7 and 8 of the newest installation document.

I follow the two install steps in the install.php file and after step 2 it sets up the database then goes to a blank page. I never get a success message at all, and if I navigate to index.php in the public_html folder, then it comes up as a blank page as well. However, I check my database and it has all the tables there. I have even tried using the InnoDB instead of the default. There are no error messages at all, which doesn't help.

Where am I going wrong?

I am testing this using Microsoft Virtual PC with Windows Server 2003. I am using the latest builds of MySQL and PHP. I hope someone can help me get this working so I can set it up on my live server.

Thanks!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Jonathan Haws: There are no error messages at all, which doesn't help.

You just don't see them. See Blank page

bye, Dirk

Jonathan Haws

Anonymous
I tried enabling PHP errors, but to no avail. Nothing comes up. It looks to me like the problem is when it needs to refresh the page to display the success page, but when I manually enter the URL, it takes me to the front page, but there is no initial post and I cannot post anything, login, or whatever.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
As I said above, you do have an error somewhere (may be a parse error or an SQL error), you just don't see it.

Since you're installing this on your own PC, try enabling error_reporting, display_errors, and display_startup_errors in your php.ini - and don't forget to restart the webserver after you've made those changes.

bye, Dirk

Jonathan Haws

Anonymous
I have tried reenabling all the error reporting, including error logging and I still do not get any errors. It seems to get stuck when it tries to refresh with the success page. Any more ideas? Maybe my PHP is all screwed up and just isn't showing errors. I'm new to PHP so I can use all the help I can get.

reynolr

Forum User
curious
Was this ever corrected? I am having similar problems with setting up on a windows XP machine.

Jonathan Haws

Anonymous
I haven't heard anything more. I guess I will need to start over and try again. My first attempt was fruitless, and this is my second attempt. At least it starts the install. I will post again when I find out where I went wrong.

reynolr

Forum User
cheerful
Big Celebration

I tried everything in my limited knowledge base. Nothing worked. I then downloaded 1.3.11.SR3 (New). Deleted all existing files and the database. Installed the new version and WOW everything worked fine.

Hope this helps you

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:43 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content