Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, April 29 2024 @ 05:48 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Internal plugins and Geeklog.net's forum

LWC

Forum User
As more and more special features turn into plugins (most recently, the good old links and polls), one thing has to be mentioned: when it comes to support, they are not truly external per se. That is, it's not like they have a specific site and/or author to be in fluent contact with (not that all authors maintain fluent contact like, say, Media Gallery's author which should get a medal for his support, but that's another story).

Anyway, this means we still have to use Geeklog.net's forums for support.

So my question is a simple one - when it comes to Geeklog.net, should I ask questions about those plugins in the General Help forum (as I would until recently for, say, the polls) or in the Plugin Help forum?

If the latter, I hope you realize it pretty much means the end of support for what I refer as "internal" plugins. More people use the General Help forum than the others combined (just see the forums' front page for statistics).

Even more so if you take into account the fact that many an answer is already left unanswered in the General Help as it is (maybe not technically, but in essence), so it sure is more worrisome in the other forums.

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:48 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content