Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 09:31 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Layout/Theme Prob

eyecravedvd

Forum User
Good day fellow Geekloggers.

I'm attempting to redo the way GL looks for site. What I'm attempting to do is add flash to the red section (here) on my site, but only want it on the front page. If I add it to the header it'll be there on every page. If I drop into a staticpage and add it as a center block I get a title at the top, which I don't want.

Any advice on how to get around this?
Shane | www.EyeCraveDVD.com

machinari

Forum User
Quote by eyecravedvd: If I drop into a staticpage and add it as a center block I get a title at the top, which I don't want.

Any advice on how to get around this?
you don't have to wrap your centerblock staticpage in a block... uncheck the appropriate box in the staticpage editor that allows you to not wrap it in a block then you won't have that title.

eyecravedvd

Forum User
I missed that. Thank you so much. It's greatly appreciated.

eyecravedvd

Forum User
I have another quesiton that hopefully someone can help me with. I implemented the headlines only on the main page, but beside (left) them I'd like to place 2 images for featured stories

The headlines and images would like this.

Thanks,

Shane

eyecravedvd

Forum User
Does anyone have any idea how I could accomplish what I posted above? Also, how do I remove the paging from the index.php page?

machinari

Forum User
putting images beside your headlines is just an HTML issue as far as I can see. Use a table with 2 cols or float a div.

to take out the paging from your index.php page, try editing the index.php page commenting out the line that calls the function COM_printPageNavigation().

eyecravedvd

Forum User
I don't want to put images beside each headline and that's where I'm running into issues. I want 2 images to appear which will link to seperate articles. The only way I can think of getting this to run right now is setting the stories to 0 in config.php and removing the no-stories message the put everything in staticpage via the feeds.

I don't want to do that because it's sorta sloppy. Is there a way to call a template from another template? That could resolve the issue.

machinari

Forum User
if it was me, I would just edit header.thtml and insert my table column or my div (depending on the theme) just after the left blocks template variable in the main content area..

eyecravedvd

Forum User
I'll try that and let you know the results.

eyecravedvd

Forum User
It didn't work. Well it probably would, but I'd have to use tables and I'm trying to drop them. I'll try something else and let you know the results.

eyecravedvd

Forum User
Looks like I'm going to have to hard code into the index.php. Seems to be working. Now, I just need to pretty it up.

Thanks for your help.

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:31 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content