Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 08:43 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Can Geeklog do this?

djsilent

Anonymous
I am creating a new site, that I want to be much better than any I have made in the past. There are a couple things I would like to do with it, and I want to know if geeklog can do these things or if I have to figure out the code myself (I've never programmed in PHP, I've just used other CMS' in the past). Here's the things I'm looking for:

-This site is made for cars, and I want to have a function like cardomain.com where every member gets their own page to add pictures and text to. Each member's page has comments, ratings, etc, and I would also like them to each have their own blog and article section on their pages. So a member that is active might have 10 DIY articles he has written that will show up on the main page (when approved of course) and will also be linked in their personal page.

-From the forums, I would like to have a "Flag" button that can either flag for deletion, or flag for being turned into an article. I have found that on many forums, valuable information gets lost over time, so I want the users to be able to flag important info. Not only that, instead of just stickying this info, I want an admin to be able to hit a button and have the info loaded into the "post an article" form. That way they can easily convert important messages into articles that will be filed into the database of info for future reference.

These are the two things I'm looking for most of all, and geeklog seems like it is more integrated between modules than most other CMS'. I don't need these functions to be EXACTLY like this, but that is what I am looking for. Any help will be appreciated, in either getting Geeklog to do these things, or to be pointed in the direction of one that already does.

Thank You,

Djsilent
http://www.camaronation.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:43 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content