Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 11:39 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

installing Geeklog forum 2.3.2

Xeserox

Forum User
Okay, so i have been having a heck of a time today installing geeklog and one of the plug ins for it.

Anyway, i'm running GL version 1.3.11sr2 the one that you can DL from this site. I just installed it on my site, after a bunch of kicking and screaming. Now i know nothing of PHP, so you might have to explain it to me in dumb terms, only because of that.

Now i can install on my webiste phpbb forums, but i thought that the forum 2.3.2 plugin would be best. And then i don' thave to deal with the phpbbbridge plugin.

Anyway to the point. I followed the directions to the letter, though i don't get the option to instill the plugin within my admin screen on my website. So, i go and i try to do it the manuel way by typing in IE the path to the install.php and i get the following error.

Warning: main(/home/eveunder/geeklog/plugins/forum/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/eveunder/public_html/admin/plugins/forum/install.php on line 53

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/eveunder/geeklog/plugins/forum/config.php' (include_path='/home/eveunder/geeklog/system/pear/:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/eveunder/public_html/admin/plugins/forum/install.php on line 53

So now i have NO idea of what in the hell i'm supposed to do. I've searched though all the support forums and the install forums, and i'm still lost. Any help would be greatly thanked and loved.

vadertech

Forum User
and you've verified that config.php or the path to config.php is correct?
GeekLog Hosting, Installations and Upgrades - WWW.AWEHOST.COM - Hosting starts @ only $4.95/mo.

Xeserox

Forum User
okay.. so the config was in the wrong spot, but now i'm getting an internal error when i go to install it.

[QUOTE www.eve-underground.com] Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@eve-underground.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
[/QUOTE]

i just don't understand how something that seemed so simple could be so damn complicated or frustrating.

vadertech

Forum User
Maybe you should start over. You'd be surprise how different things go on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th try.
GeekLog Hosting, Installations and Upgrades - WWW.AWEHOST.COM - Hosting starts @ only $4.95/mo.

Xeserox

Anonymous
I wish the directions were a little clearer... thats all..... just annoying how complicated this is.... thats all. I mean... I have a plug in directory, and then geeklog has it's own directory, and then public_html has it's OWN directory....

i'm just gonna slap most of it in the public_html directory.... not the public_html directory in geeklog.

Xeserox

Forum User
got it installed, you are right 4th time it will install.... lol

anyway, now i just need to figure out how the hell to change the colors, and then add some new smilies. LoL

vadertech

Forum User
in your forum folder you downloaded, look in themefiles folder. Open additional-forum.css and paste that info into the bottom of your /layout/theme_name/style.css

Change that code to change forum colors.

Did you copy "folder" and "navbar" folders from themefiles to /layout/theme_name/ ?

Xeserox

Forum User
yeah that was all done... but i don't know where to change the color codes in the additional-forum.css. to test i tried to change all the text colors to #000000, which should be black... but.. it didn't work... so i'm out of thoughts and ideas on it.

But thanks a million for all the help you have given me so far.... i just don't know where to look for all this stuff.... *sighs*

Can someone help me

Also, so that i'm not in two forums... just going to add here... that other thread i made accidently... yeah.. i installed that code a while back... and it never worked. So i started over and tried again.. and it still didn't work.... So i have no idea what to do to get these colors fixed.

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:39 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content