Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 11:29 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Question about Forum..

darmin

Anonymous
confused
What in the heck happened???

If you go to http://www.darmin.com/cshop and click the "Forum" link in the left sidebar, it will take you to the forum, just like normal... But if you click on any of the forums, it simply takes you back to the forum main index, and if you try to click on any topics, it says that the topic was deleted!

And yet, when I go to the forum admin thing and click "Messages," it will show a list of all the messages, as if they were all still there... But it says that they're all deleted. Banging your head

If anyone has some spare time, could you hop over to my site, take a look at what I'm talking about, and maybe give some advice?

I'll be checking this forum often, but you could also email me at jupiter@darmin.com if you'd like.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer...

Robin

Forum User
What version of Geeklog are you using?
What forum version it it?
Have you installed a fresh copy of forum or you did an upgrade?
Has forum worked and suddenly stopped?
Have you made any customizations, etc.?

In other words give us more background info please.
Geeklog Polish Support Team

darmin

Anonymous
Geeklog version: 1.3.11sr1
Forum version: Not sure Embarassed but I downloaded it fairly recently.
Fresh copy/upgrade: I used Fantastico to install Geeklog, and have not upgraded since I installed. I downloaded Forum from this website and installed it. It was working very nicely and properly.
Worked/stopped: Yes, it was working absolutely fine. Then, one day, one of my regulars used "Chatterblock" to inform me that something was wrong with the forum! There are like 600 posts, and it just doesn't work anymore.
Customizations: I did not alter any scripts.

I can't think of any reason why it stopped worknig. The only thing I can think of is that I recently deleted a post... Would that do it? Other than that, I've just been using it normally.

Additional info: Recently, Shane (shane@awehost.com) contacted me. He said he could take a look around, but asked for my login information. I thought that before I gave him the info, I'd post here and make sure he could be trusted Wink And if you read this, Shane, this isn't anything personal against you... I've been on the internet quite a while, and know how to avoid "give me your login info and I'll help you" scams Smile I know you couldn't steal my WEBSITE, but it would be horribly annoying if I had to restart Geeklog. So this isn't anything personal against you -- I've just learned that on the internet, it's better to CYOA than to be too trusting up front.

So to people out there -- if you don't know what to tell me, can I trust Shane with my login info?

machinari

Forum User
there are a few shane's around, but if you are talking about Vadertech, and I think you are, then rest assured, he's a very helpful individual.

vadertech

Forum User
lol Shocked ... I'm glad I happened to read this post.

Sorry bout that. I should have put Vadertech in the email or something. I do agree that posting here was the right thing to do. The only reason I emailed you was from your quote below.

Quote by darmin: If anyone has some spare time, could you hop over to my site, take a look at what I'm talking about, and maybe give some advice?

I'll be checking this forum often, but you could also email me at jupiter@darmin.com if you'd like.

Quote by darmin:And if you read this, Shane, this isn't anything personal against you

My true identity is blown.

Quote by machinari:there are a few shane's around, but if you are talking about Vadertech, and I think you are, then rest assured, he's a very helpful individual.

Thank you.
GeekLog Hosting, Installations and Upgrades - WWW.AWEHOST.COM - Hosting starts @ only $4.95/mo.

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:29 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content