Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, May 06 2024 @ 09:39 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Problems with PHPBB bridge...PLEASE HELP

jordy

Anonymous
confused
Hi,

I believe that I have succeccfully installed GL and the PHPbb bridge. However, I am havings ome flakey issues with logging in.

For example, I will login as the adim and have access to all the administrative privelages but when i click to another screen for say, my user profile, or something like that...it prompts me to log in again.

I can keep re-loging in everytime I want to do something but it's quite annoying. I think there is something wrong here.

I have also had some wierd instances where I register myself as a new user and when I login to access my profile it prompts me to re-login and I can't access my new user profile.

I would also like to get rid of the "speed limit" security setting. This thing locks me out...even as the admin if there are two or three atttempts at incorrectly logging in. Is there a way to disable this?

UPDATE TO THIS POST
___
Ok so I jsut tested this again. This is what happens...I log in as a new user. when i go to the user functions>account information....I get the screeen that says:

Customize the layout and content of The High School For The Humanities Alumni Website!

"One of the great features of The High School For The Humanities Alumni Website is you can customize the content you get and you can change the overall layout of this site. In order to take advantage of these great features you must first register with The High School For The Humanities Alumni Website. Are you already a member? Then use the login form to the left to log in!"

So basiclaly the user functions block disapears. If I hit the back button it will reapear but I still am unable to get into my new user account settings.

It also would now aapear that it will not let me get into my admin account settings either. The user block disappears when I click on account inof or preferences and I get the above screen mentioned which basically asks me if I want to register. I can however gett access to the forum control panel no problem.

So I am getting the admin control pannel which mean I am loffing in and my username and password work but when I click on any of the links in the admins panel, i get an access denied screen that flashes really fast and then I am redirected to say the "blocks"page. However, when I click on one of the icons to change the settings I get a sceen that says this section is for adminstrators only and I have to logiin but then I am back where I started.

I did adjust the session cookies to be in sync at 3600 sweconds for PHBB@ and GL config..jsut thought I would mention that I had done that.

here is the link:
here

Any direction in this would be so appreciatted. I found it really dificult to get this thing installed. I spent my entire day on it and had to do it twice but I finnallly got it to work.

Thanks
Jordy

jordydme

Forum User
hey guys for some reason I couldn't edit this post of mine. I don't know why. Anyway I messed up the link. Herer is the correct link:

here

***UPDATE #2 TO THIS POST

OK it looks like it's a problem related to IE. I seem to be fully operational in Firefox. Anybody know waht could be causing this problem in
IE 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp.....service pack2

Maybe some security setting? I have it set to medium right now.

I have had login issues with my gallery on another site in IE but no problems in Firefox. I have no problems in IE on this GL site. I wonder what could be the problem?

Thanks for taking the time to help out.

J

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by jordydme: hey guys for some reason I couldn't edit this post of mine. I don't know why.

Simple: You weren't log in.

bye, Dirk

jordydme

Forum User
I jsut figured out that you were refering to the ability to edit a post. Sorry for that.

Hey any ideas on my problem in IE??

jordydme

Forum User
Anybody?? Is there no love in this forum??...I hate to say it but the support is on the week side. I have heard people say it and it's true for GL

1000ideen

Forum User
Sorry it is a bit unclear what the problems are. At first you say "Problems with PHPBB bridge" then it seems to be a problem with IE. It is difficult to say what is wrong but it seems to be IE.

I had no problems to log in or go to the profile at all with IE6 or Firefox.

Please look at your config.php to change various things like the speed limit:

// Login Speedlimit.
// number of login attempts allowed before speedlimit kicks in
$_CONF['login_attempts'] = 5;

// wait (in seconds) after $_CONF['login_attempts'] failed logins
$_CONF['login_speedlimit'] = 60;

Anyway you should change the passwords of the accounts admin and moderator immediately!!!

jordy

Anonymous
Thanks fro the info on those things....How would I go abut gettng anopther version of IE? DO I have to redownload and install SP2? Isn't that A big deal?

What woudl you do? I am at a loss...

Jordy

1000ideen

Forum User
Hi Jordy, I don`t really know about IE but maybe there`s someone around you who can have a look at your PC configuration? Usually it is not necessary to reinstall everything but just to configure the stuff. I suppose it is something with the cookies. A new install of IE may not help at all as it picks up the old configs. It could also be a firewall problem.

But if you finally spend some time on GL you will see it is a very good programme.

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:39 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content