Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, March 19 2024 @ 07:20 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Counter or page hits query

Marites

Forum User
Chatty
confused
Over the past month since installing GUS I have been watching both daily reads of stories and unique visits comparing these with the output from Webtrends.

Last night (after 12 midnight) I posted a story which by this morning recorded 620 reads, however the total page hits are only recorded by GUS and GL stats as being less than the total number of reads.

Webtrends is recording the total page reads for the same period for the same page as 596 with the total page reads for the site as 1312.

Quite a difference.

I have chosen this site as an example and one to watch as it is the smaller of the ones I run but I am noticing this trend across the sites I run.

To put a third aspect on the picture the advertising server for the same period (our own but on a different server) records 1591 banner serves for the period 12 midnight through 8 am.

Now I do not expect any of these figures (whichever is correct) to be 100% accurate but I would not expect there to be such a descrepancy.

Has anyone else noticed this sort of variation, I appreciate there will be few users that are able to compare totals from 3 or four differing sources.

I realise this post could be placed in the plug-in topic but as GL stats seem to vary the results with Webtrends I was not sure what area to place this. GL General won Smile

Regards

Tess

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:20 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content