Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, May 06 2024 @ 12:31 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Static pages adding slashes to quotes in my HTML

brucet

Anonymous
hopeful
Hi,

I am using Static pages plugin v 1.4 and geeklog 1.3.9.

I had several static pages working perfectly until my host server was upgraded from Mac OS 10.2.8 to 10.3.9. The version of PHP and MySQL may have also been updated at the same time.

The upgrade cause no harm to any aspect of my geeklog site other than the Static pages (and even some of the static pages remained fine). The static pages that are screwed up all have the same problem. Anywhere that a quote (single quote or double quote) occurs in the html, a back slash is added to when the page is
rendered.

I see where this topic has been touched on in other posts but I haven't yet seen a definitive answer to the problem (or at least one that I actually understand).

Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks in advance

Bruce

vadertech

Forum User
Upgrade! Easy as that. I know there was a bug just like this with staticpages awhile back. Coulda been with 1.3.9. See what you're missing
GeekLog Hosting, Installations and Upgrades - WWW.AWEHOST.COM - Hosting starts @ only $4.95/mo.

DubiousChrisJ

Forum User
Regular Poster
I found this thread relating to the quotes issue, which is now showing up in all my stories, not just static pages. Was there ever a definitive answer on how to remove the slashes preceding the quotes?

Example: "vice verses"

I have the most recent version of GL, so upgrading is not the answer.
Luhme summa dat GL.

DubiousChrisJ

Forum User
Regular Poster
Hah! It removed the slashes here when I posted it. In front of each of those quotes above was a /
Luhme summa dat GL.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I seem to remember issues with extra backslashes in comments due to changes in the comment handling in 1.4.0, but I'm not aware of similar issues with stories.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:31 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content