Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 27 2024 @ 03:53 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Inmemoriam for GL 1.3.12

machinari

Forum User
I'm beginning to work on the Inmemoriam Media Gallery in relation to GL 1.3.12, which is still in CVS. That means I'll have to install CVS, but that's not the point.

The 1.3.12 compatible version of Inmemoriam will be version 1.0. Before this is released, which will hopefully not be to long after the release of GL 1.3.12, I would like some feedback in order to give you not only what you want, but what is practical.

So, for Inmemoriam users, what do you want in terms of layout and style? What do you like? What don't you like?

And of course, in terms of functionality, what do you think is overboard and should be scrapped? What do you want that you don't see? What can be improved upon (be nice)?

Any feedback I get is greatly appreciated and usually put to good use. Feel free to post feedback in this thread. Leave your bug reports to the help forum for the sake of its subscribers.

By the way, if any of you want to help me out with code and stuff, feel free to shoot me an email. Its a deal - shaking hands

Robin

Forum User
Comments comments I'd love to see them working Very Happy
I know you're waiting for 1.3.12 and comments API, hwever it's a long way I'm afraid.
I installed the CVS 1.3.12 + Inmemoriam and still it doesn't work Sad

Cheers
Robert Very Happy
Geeklog Polish Support Team

beewee

Forum User
Perhaps the option to choose from several templates is a bit too much, why not just use a very clean template so that it nearly fits everybodies needs/theme by looking at the CSS from the Geeklog theme?

The first thing I did was removing all the borders and fontcolors etc. My testsite
Dutch Geeklog sites about camping/hiking:
www.kampeerzaken.nl | www.campersite.nl | www.caravans.nl | www.caravans.net

machinari

Forum User
Quote by Robin: Comments comments I'd love to see them working Very Happy
I installed the CVS 1.3.12 + Inmemoriam and still it doesn't work Sad
Robert, and anyone else running CVS 1.3.12, once I get the CVS version installed I'll throw in the comment functions and put up a download at my site. It'll be my working version.
Quote by bewee:...why not just use a very clean template so that it nearly fits everybodies needs/theme
I agree 100%! ..and I have to say, beewee, after seeing a few of your designs, you do great work with your color schemes.

beewee

Forum User

and I have to say, beewee, after seeing a few of your designs, you do great work with your color schemes

Too much honour, I'm blushing, thanks Machinari Embarassed
Dutch Geeklog sites about camping/hiking:
www.kampeerzaken.nl | www.campersite.nl | www.caravans.nl | www.caravans.net

DTrumbower

Forum User
Only one change needs to be made to work with cvs. A field was added to the blocks table.

I don't use comments.

machinari

Forum User
if you run GL 1.3.12cvs, then you can grab my working copy of Inmemoriam, which installs on 1.3.12cvs, includes the comment functions, more RSS, more bug fixes, some tweaks, etc. ...not that much over 0.9.0 really.

Don't install this on a gl 1.3.11 installation and expect the plugin to function properly--your support questions will not be answered. Though the install will go smooth, you will lose certain functions based on changes to the plugin API that I've taken advantage of and will continue to take advantage of.

enjoy!

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:53 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content