Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 09:38 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Text length limitation when submitting a story?

galaxyturbo

Forum User
Ran into an issue this morning when submitting a story using Geeklog version 1.3.11sr1.

Seems as there is a limitation to the amount of text I can enter for a story. I have a newsletter that I was trying to post, but when clicking 'Save' I was takin to a "Page not found" screen. But, if I go back and just submit a "test" story with only one word in the story, it submits fine.

So I went back and started over with submitting this newsletter...Slowly adding in more text..saving...verifiying that everything saved correctly...adding more text...saving..and everything seems fine. Get down to adding the last few lines of the newsletter, and it will save fine, but the text I add is not showing up. Which makes me thinks there is a limit to the amount of text I can have in a story. Is this true?

How can I go about resolving this issue? This newsletter had a total of 27, 596 characters (with spacing).
Also, why if I try to subit the entire newsletter, I cannot save the story, and am takin to a "page not found' screen...but if I enter a little bit at a time, and keep re-saving..it works fine?

Thanks for any help with this issue.
-Ryan

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Here is an earlier thread on the same topic.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:38 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content