Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, May 06 2024 @ 11:23 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

theme not properly displaying

jdev

Forum User
I am currently using the Webbadass White theme for my geeklog. I just tried to use 2 other axonz themes, and neither of them would display properly.

When I try to view them with the theme active, all it displays is text with a white background. What am I missing here?

thanks

Joe

ted

Anonymous
the CSS file(s), or a "remove style" option in your browser

jdev

Forum User
I am not convinced that this is the issue. I am currently using an axonz theme that works fine. I double checked the upload (even uploaded the tarball and extracted on the server) and all the files that are necessary appear to be there.

If you would like to see the problem first hand, you can go to www.fallingaway.com and login as testuser with the password test. Just go into preferences and choose either Marine V1 or Project XU1 as your theme, then you will see what I am talking about.

jetshack

Forum User
did you update the theme to work with 1.3.11?

I know XU takes some work to get it working...

jdev

Forum User
I wasnt aware that I needed to update the theme to get it to work with 3.11. If someone could point out to me instructions on how to do this, I will get to reading them

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

mach

Anonymous
guess you figured it out, cuz it's workin

jdev

Forum User
yes. sort of.

I had my default directory set in apache to where I wanted geeklog to be. I thought it was using the config.php under that directory, since thats what I specified it to do in the file. apparently it was using one in another location entirely. how, I am not sure. I changed my home directory back to the old directory and now the themes are working.

go figure.

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:23 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content