Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 01 2024 @ 11:22 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Theme help.

Whitfield

Anonymous
confused
Yes, I actually tried to figure this out myself... I downloaded the theme, Xnature to my computer. It is in a zip folder. Where do I extract these files to? I am assuming that once I have in the right place, I can just change the theme config for everyone (Annonymous, logged in users, etc.)

Also, this Xnature theme has a lame background image faded behind it. I am assuming that I can replace this with my own image. Then go about changing the colour schemes for most of it, (like black backgrounds, and different topic header colours, etc.) But I have no clue how or where.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sam. Whitfield.

vadertech

Forum User
Copy the theme folder to geeklog_root/layout/

to change colors you need to modify style.css in the theme folder. I'm not sure where the image path is but you can always replace the image with another image using the same name.
GeekLog Hosting, Installations and Upgrades - WWW.AWEHOST.COM - Hosting starts @ only $4.95/mo.

Whitfield

Anonymous
THanks, and the location for the Xnature zip file to be extracted is... ?

Wink Cheers.

Whitfield

Anonymous
Oh sorry, I just saw what you said. Is the geeklog_root in the FTP folder? Or is that a file on my computer. Sorry I am a bit of a nob. I just don't do enough of this stuff. Wink

vadertech

Forum User
Ok, I should have said Geeklog core files. Just look in your geeklog folder on the web server for a folder called layout. All theme folders go here. So copy xnature folder to layout and change default theme to "xnature" in config.php.

Next go into the xnature folder and open style.css for colors. Make one change at a time to see what exactly is being changed until you get the hang of it.

Here is a good place to start
GeekLog Hosting, Installations and Upgrades - WWW.AWEHOST.COM - Hosting starts @ only $4.95/mo.

Whitfield

Anonymous
Ok Thanks a lot. Bloody headache all this. Trying to figure out what does what. But it's all fun. Razz I swear! Haha

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:22 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content