Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, May 14 2024 @ 06:23 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Access Rights not working

sgtpepper

Anonymous
Hello,

I have changed access rights on a topic to 'logged-in users" however, when I logout and go back to my site to test it.....I can access the topic. Do I need to do anything else to make a topic accessible only to logged-in users?

Thanks

sgtpepper

Anonymous
I am wondering if this is a permissions issue as well? I've used chmod 777 is several places.....could this be the problem?

bieffe

Forum User
Junior
what i can say here, u can simply untick permission read to Anonymous. And i don't think chmod 777 has something to do with it.

sgtpepper

Anonymous
yes but wont that make the topic unviewable? I want them to see the topic and when they click on it...it gets a 'sorry you have to be a registered user' to view the articles.

sgtpepper

Anonymous
determined
anybody with any ideas on this?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by sgtpepper: yes but wont that make the topic unviewable?

That's how it's supposed to work. If you don't have the permissions, you shouldn't even see it.

Quote by sgtpepper: I want them to see the topic and when they click on it...it gets a 'sorry you have to be a registered user' to view the articles.

You could change the permissions on every story, i.e. uncheck the "Anonymous R" checkbox there. That's a lot of work, though, if you have a lot of stories and you have to remember to do it for every new story ...

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:23 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content