Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 12:12 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Sudden gallery errors!

Porkchop@squalidlittlehobo.com

Anonymous
confused
I've been running Gallery 1.4.1-pl1 on geeklog with no problems for months, and now all of the sudden i'm getting errors!

The first one was the block-random.cache error, which I suppose i've temporarily fixed by deleteing that file and letting gallery recreate it, but I cant do the permanent fix of changing the cache file path in my lib-custom.php... because i cant even find a lib-custom.php anywhere!? So I guess thats my first problem.

Second is the following errors when I try to add a photo to the gallery... I've tried the "obvious" fix of setting all of the files perms to 777. Any ideas????

- Adding deathhamster.jpg
Warning: copy(/home/slh/public_html/gallery/albums/SLHMain/deathhamster.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/slh/public_html/gallery/platform/fs_unix.php on line 26

Resizing/compressing original image
Warning: getimagesize(/home/slh/public_html/gallery/albums/SLHMain/deathhamster.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/slh/public_html/gallery/util.php on line 395

Warning: getimagesize(/home/slh/public_html/gallery/albums/SLHMain/deathhamster.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/slh/public_html/gallery/util.php on line 221

No resizing required
Warning: getimagesize(/home/slh/public_html/gallery/albums/SLHMain/deathhamster.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/slh/public_html/gallery/util.php on line 648

Error: Invalid image: deathhamster.jpg!
Need help? Look in the Gallery FAQ
Warning: unlink(/home/slh/public_html/gallery/albums/SLHMain/serial.1350.dat): Permission denied in /home/slh/public_html/gallery/platform/fs_unix.php on line 83

Warning: fopen(/home/slh/public_html/gallery/albums/SLHMain/photos.dat.lock): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/slh/public_html/gallery/platform/fs_unix.php on line 55
Error: Could not open lock file (/home/slh/public_html/gallery/albums/SLHMain/photos.dat.lock)!

vadertech

Forum User
lib-custom.php is located in your system directory.

You said you set the file permissions to 777 but also check permissions on SLHMain directory.
GeekLog Hosting, Installations and Upgrades - WWW.AWEHOST.COM - Hosting starts @ only $4.95/mo.

Porkchop@squalidlittlehobo.com

Anonymous
Ok, I found lib-custom, but it doesnt have the cache path defined anywhere in it... odd, i think.

Also, when I try to chmod my slhmain directory, i get a "Bad File Descriptor" error. What is that?

ajzz

Forum User
Regular Poster
I had vaguely similar issues when i copied the gallery and album directory from a failed drive. The issue was with the lock files present in some directories that were being viewed when the drive crashed. I had to manually remove all the lock files before things started to work again. See if you can get that to work for you with one test file first.

Cheers!

Ajay

PS: In G2, which was recently released, you can use the database to lock files instead of creating such lock files in the album directory - asmaloney will be out with a GLtoG2 plugin soon.

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:12 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content