Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, May 06 2024 @ 11:20 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Problem getting full story in RSS 2.0 feed writer class.

David

Anonymous
I have installed the RSS 2.0 feed writer class and it works fine, except that it is set to retrieve only part of the story and I would prefer it retrieve the full story text. I have searched through the rss20.feed.class.php file and have found a few references to this, but I'm not getting any results when I amend these.

Any ideas?

beewee

Forum User
I believe that Geeklog can only put the title + introtext in the feed, but I could be wrong Confused
Dutch Geeklog sites about camping/hiking:
www.kampeerzaken.nl | www.campersite.nl | www.caravans.nl | www.caravans.net

David

Anonymous
My original 0.93 feed gives full text with no problem at all--but no links/formatting which is why I like 2.0 so much. There MUST be a way to change the 2.0 feed class to render full text stories.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
beewee is right: Geeklog only provides a story's introtext to the feed writer classes. So if you want to change that, you'd have to modify lib-syndication.php.

This will probably be changed in Geeklog 1.3.12, see related bug report.

bye, Dirk

David

Anonymous
Well, I only use the intro text to do all of my stories as I like for the whole story to appear on the front page. I never use the body text. In this event, my 0.93 is giving me all the (intro) text and therefore the whole story. My 2.0 is giving me around 3 words and then ... So, the question should probably have been stated, can I get all of my intro text to appear in the RSS 2.0 feed?

Thanks Dirk. Apologies for any confusion anyone.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by David: My 2.0 is giving me around 3 words and then ...

I assume you do have "1" as the "Length of entries" in that feed's settings?

bye, Dirk

David

Anonymous
embarrassed
Thanks Dirk. I was looking in the class file itself for the config setting on this. And yes, I knew to put 1 in for all. But I totally forgot this setting was right there in the Content Syndication section of the admin panel the whole time. I feel like an idiot. Thanks for taking the time guys. I found it.

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:20 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content